Box blind questions

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking at building a box blind for bow hunting with a compound bow and it's going to be put in the air 10 to 15 feet. Few questions are what have you all found to be the ideal window size for this. And what do you use for windows just plexi glass on hinges? I'm open to any and all ideas. Also wouldn't mind hearing some things you wish you would have or wouldn't have done to yours.

Thanks

muskelllunge13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shadow hunter blinds make Bow window kits.... work great in homemade blinds as well as their total blinds.

7mmshooter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just posted a pic of one I just built. I've got 4 now I put Windows on hinges but they just get in the way. This one is getting quarter inch plexi glass gonna just trim out inside with 3/8 plywood strips and make sliders. I went with bigger Windows so wife and kids could shoot out of with bow. Mine are 2 wide 3 tall. I went 8 ft off ground to base have one that is 10ft but time you get to the roof you are 18 ft up so make sure get good and sturdy. I use 5x6 posts.

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ok thanks for the info and I will be using power poles to set it on so they should be plenty sturdy. I will look into the shadow hunters ones also thanks again

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
7mm you said you went with bigger windows on your last one what size windows do you normally go with and do you bow hunt out of your other ones? Just curious cause bigger windows seem like better chance of getting spotted but in the same sense 2 by 3 is probably a good size for bow hunting? I honestly don't know as I have hunted out of a tree stand my whole life and just finally got my own land where I can plant a food plot and leave a stand out year around hence making an elevated box blind feasible for me. Like I said any and all info is greatly appreciated

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75