Personal Fishing Goals

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I set my mind to achieving a few goal over the winter I was wondering what everyone else has for personal goals set for fishing

Mine are I would like to put my name on Whopper Club list at least one time a year ( Hit a 3.5 lb smallie that got me going on this goal already this year.)
25+ pike and 10+ walleye are in my sights right now

Figure out how to target Tailrace trout and salmon and lake salmon.

Catch the more rare fish in our waters, Blue Sucker, Ling, Gar, ect..

What are the rest of you chasing?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Catch more than the person I'm with to maintain bragging rights.

I'd like to hit the whopper club on a few species as well. I generally don't care about recognition when it comes to fishing. But then my wife caught a whopper club walleye and I haven't heard the end of it. So maybe that. I'd like to get to sakakawea a few more times this year. My main goal is to get out with my dad a lot more.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would Love to get my dad and brother out fishing with just once. But not likely. I grew up in a very techy house. they prefer playing computer games and game systems. No Clue how I came out the way I did. none of my family hunts or fishes. I guess the goal of getting my Dad and little brother out in the boat just 1 time is a major goal.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like a 9 lb walleye, although I wouldn't be upset if the first whopper is 10+ ;). After that I will determine the next goal. Most likely a 20+ northern or go after a jumbo perch.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been fishing in 3 different countries, and 5 states. I would like to increase those numbers.
A goal of fishing in Alaska might be attained this fall, as a good friend is going and invited me to tag along. Mrs johnr says it would be perfect, however with a recent change in companies I represent, I am not sure if I can get the time away.

Size of fish is not as important to me as the time I have fishing for them.

Last edited:

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to catch the Minnesota state record Musky. It has been done a few times in the past several years but the fish has always been released. If I knew it was a record musky for sure I would probably keep it. (54 pounds)

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would like to catch the Minnesota state record Musky. It has been done a few times in the past several years but the fish has always been released. If I knew it was a record musky for sure I would probably keep it. (54 pounds)

Cast on man, Shes out there

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I avoid setting goals and micromanaging myself into a tizzy. The non plan plan is how i roll babay!

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I avoid setting goals and micromanaging myself into a tizzy. The non plan plan is how i roll babay!

If there were underwater trail cams that allowed you to see big fish, you'd have to seriously amend the above.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im gonna hide a brick in my purse slim...

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my goals are over 14# walleye caught in ND. and 5#smally. When it happens will let you all know.:;:thumbsup

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
10# walleye 20# pike 4# whitebass 50 inch tiger muskie and a 55 inch pure muskie

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This year ----so far is to get out and fish. Boat in shop, then graduation --- whats next. Anyway hope to be on water this weekend finally and the only goal I have is to wet a line and to continue to be on the water till November.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67