Good Bay map of Sakakawea

b52beaver

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have a recommendation for a good detailed lake map of Sakakawea? something with bay names is what im looking for. or even just a good big map I can label myself and share. have an OLD OLD one that's unreadable from being wet about 3 million times. has the bay names and what others call them. was always a good help to showing people that were unfamiliar. maby even something we can upload to this site for others to view/edit/add

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Van hook has a good printed one in the bait shop. It only covers that area of the lake though. Not sure if there is a whole lake one.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are there any GIS overlays that have info like that? I know they just recently added contour maps to the GIS hub for ND for Sak, about time!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
West side of the lake has one out. The southwest anglers made and has all the bays, points, names, everything you would want. But it is not the entire lake.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vollmer is this a project we could get a few guys together and tackle? make a whole lake map, bays islands, flats. it would be a heck of a project but i think it would be worth it

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vollmer is this a project we could get a few guys together and tackle? make a whole lake map, bays islands, flats. it would be a heck of a project but i think it would be worth it

I'd be in on that. The only problem is what one guy calls east stone bay another calls something else so on and so on, might have to add known alias' to the map.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd be in on that. The only problem is what one guy calls east stone bay another calls something else so on and so on, might have to add known alias' to the map.
I agree, maybe not on map itself but on the foot notes. the map would get to cluttered if we listed all names on there

b52beaver

Founding Member
Founding Member
im in if someone can make this happen. GIS would be a good start but not sure you can save and edit.....?

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Does the "lake maps" link up at the top of the page do anything for you guys. Could you screen shot and label?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77