Tatonka Dust

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where in Bismarck can Tatonka Dust be purchased?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pride of dakota store in the gateway mall. I seen it at Butcher block in mandan a while ago. These are complete guess's and I am not responsible if you set foot in the gateway mall.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to try it and almost bought some I saw at a fair last year until I saw the neurotoxin recipe consisting of more MSG than anything else.:;:sorry

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is life on hippie island?

Now that's funny!
Seriously though Totanka is tasty stuff, I imagine any good seasoning I use has a few things in it considered not good for you. I don't read labels so I never know

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
I seem to remember Mossy saying the MSG is part of one of the spices he blends to make Tatonka, and MSG is not added separately is it's own ingredient. I thought the MSG content on Tatonka Dust was actually quite low. It has become one of my go-to seasonings, just pure awesome stuff!!!!

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tatonka and Alpine Touch are my #1 seasonings. Both taste awesome

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is life on hippie island?

Life is awesome, just living a super conservative life and do not want to live the Ponzi scheme life of everyone else paying my medical expenses and take care of myself and do not put poisons in my body if I can help it.

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Follow around a really old Buffalo ... after it has eaten beans.

(dances with wolves - reference)

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
the only thing i don't like about the stuff is it gets rock hard if i leave it in the camper over the winter, anybody got a fix for this besides a spice grinder. I'm usually like a crackhead trying to scrape enough off the block in the bottle with a knife to season my steak, so it must be good.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like mine. I use it over the sear burner of my gas grill when im to lazy to fire up my wood smoker,
Works good just keep an eye on pellets or you end up with a nice fire in the tube. Ive started wetting pellets down lately

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
the only thing i don't like about the stuff is it gets rock hard if i leave it in the camper over the winter, anybody got a fix for this besides a spice grinder. I'm usually like a crackhead trying to scrape enough off the block in the bottle with a knife to season my steak, so it must be good.

I put my stuff in a meat tenderizer shaker with a screw top. It STILL clumps up in my kitchen cupboard!! Maybe you gotta vacuum seal it each time used......:;:rockit

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we first started mixing Tatonka Dust seasoning we wanted to keep the product as natural as we could, but we had issues with it clumping. We have since added and anti-caking agent to the mix to it so it doesn’t clump anymore. It is still fine to use if you can break it up. Some tricks we used to break it up were to run it through a coffee grinder or food processor if it is really hard. I was able to bust it up into a bowl and break it with a fork. If you have an older shaker or bag, once you get it broke up we found that leaving it in the fridge seemed to work for keeping it clump free.

Be assured that we have since fixed the problem!! Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any issues to our email - OwensBBQ@srt.com

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67