Brenarskys

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am assuming everyone has heard or knows about Brenarskys seasoning. A guy i know out of dickinson started it and distributes it out to local grocery stores. Well to the point i have been making deer jerky and random items out of venison. I started to incorporate brenarskys into everything now. It adds just what i was missing, get the hot to get a nice heat without being too much, or go to the plain to just give it a little extra flavor. I will be using it in everthing venison from now on.

1Bigdog

Founding Member
Founding Member
That stuff is great. Or entire family uses it on burgers, pizza, steak, roasts and more. I like it with my red-beer.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup, the creators are a couple of local guys that decided to bottle up the sauce they had been using. It is fantastic in a bloody mary, red beer, etc.
I use it in my drinks, and occasionally add it to my sauces.

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
I cannot take any credit for the recipe unfortunately as i got pre mixed seasoning from Owens bbq, pre mixed packet of pepper and garlic, and i wanna say i added 4 tablespoons to 6 lbs of meat. Then i shot the jerky right on to the smoker racks, and got to 140 internal temp then i kicked on smoke for about 1 1/2 hours until 155, then shut off heat and smoke and it reached 160 ever so slightly. Just dont add smoke to the jerky early on as liquid pools on top of jerky and if smoke attaches to it i am told it adds a sour taste. I hope this helps. Also used a smoke mix with cherrywood, applewood, and an alderwood.
how much do you add to your jerky? got a recipe you would share? thanks.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes, most liquor stores carry it, its a little bottle not much different than a bottle of tobasco

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76