Eagles Offense gets Shotguns

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Saw a comment on that story that I enjoyed "Even with shotguns, that offensive line won't be able to protect Carson".

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
If that picture is of the actually guns he bought those are definitely not Grade I Silver Pigeons and are a lot more than $2000.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
There is a huge gap missing to me in that article. If I purchase a firearm and I decided that was the wrong caliber, manufacturer, style, ect, I am going to sell it to get a different one. By taking money for it, am I now a straw purchaser? is taking money for a firearm then make me a straw purchaser of a gun I have had for 1, 5 or 10 years?

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member

This is from the NRA blog.

So, you’ve done your research, and are ready to purchase the firearm. Now how do you actually give your intended recipient their gift? Well, if you are in the same state, you could just hand it to them yourself. There’s no national law that prevents someone from giving firearms to a friend or family member in the same state, but there are plenty of state laws regarding it. For example, states such as California, New York, and Colorado require you to transfer the firearm through a local firearms retailer or FFL, where a background check will be conducted on the person you want to give the gun to. In some states, even the transfer of an old family heirloom can require going through an FFL. You can check up on a comprehensive list of state laws at the NRA-ILA website here.

However, if you want to give a firearm to someone who lives in another state, you are required to go through an FFL. Transfers between non-FFL residents of different states cannot be done any other way. Above all, make sure to consult all applicable state laws but reviewing the NRA-ILA website before you give someone a firearm.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe he purchased those guns for them in their home states and had them fill out the FFL info. I haven't seen or heard exactly how it went down. I'm sure he is smart enough to make sure this is on the up an up.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Straw purchase?

So you think he drove to some gun shop in Philly and said, "I'll take 10 of those Berettas. Have them engraved with these numbers and I'll be back on Friday to pick them up."?

More likely there's someone affiliated with either the Eagles or his agent's company that can go direct to someone within Beretta. They pull the nicest pieces of wood they can find, manage the engraving, and send them to an FFL dealer within each player's state of residence. All CW does is sanction the purchase, doubtful he even signs the check.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you think he drove to some gun shop in Philly and said, "I'll take 10 of those Berettas. Have them engraved with these numbers and I'll be back on Friday to pick them up."?

More likely there's someone affiliated with either the Eagles or his agent's company that can go direct to someone within Beretta. They pull the nicest pieces of wood they can find, manage the engraving, and send them to an FFL dealer within each player's state of residence. All CW does is sanction the purchase, doubtful he even signs the check.

Im sure they were purchased legally, Wentz is no dummy. Just goofing around...

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think obamas justice department should be looking into this potential criminal activity.

Or maybe it was the Russians again.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
Further down on that page it shows team rankings. Even though the Eagles haven't been that good this year they have beat the #3 Falcons, #4 Steelers and #5 Giants.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was the Russians, did the gun look like this....
RearGun.jpg

and whatever happened to Henry, did he finally pull the trigger?

My memory fails me, but for some reason I hope this does not prod Henry to post......

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62