Coyote Hunting with all this snow

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am just wondering how everyone's coyote hunting with all of this snow is going. Are you guys seeing a lot of them out there? Are they coming to the calls? I haven't had a chance to get out yet and it is driving me crazy.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hit the cattle yards. EVERY living thing seems to be concentrated around the cattle yards. I suspect the coyotes will be within a half mile to a mile of those spots as well. That's where I'm going to concentrate my snaring efforts too. Good Luck!!

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow shoes need I say more. Its been tough for me but I haven't been out as much as I like. I have been getting a good work out with the snow shoes I kinda like snow shoeing but they get in the way sometimes.

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks for the Tips I dug out my snow shoes today so they are handy when I get a chance to go out

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Couldn't tell you. I'm having the same luck I always have. Absolutely nothing. Went out again today, same old crap. I've never been able to call one in. I'm about ready to just give it up completely.

NDbowman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hit the cattle yards. EVERY living thing seems to be concentrated around the cattle yards. I suspect the coyotes will be within a half mile to a mile of those spots as well. That's where I'm going to concentrate my snaring efforts too. Good Luck!!

How's the snaring going? Getting many of those yellow eyed bastards?

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
talked to a guy today and he was just driving around looking for coyotes, said he saw about 15 and 1 fox, he only shot at two and missed them most were a long ways from the road. on side note another guy I spoke with said the bucks are shedding their antlers already.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a thing yet as I haven't set a single snare. I start on Jan 9th when pheasant season is over. The trails used by the yotes are the same trails my dog uses when we go after pheasants and I'd be sick if I got someone's dog. My snares are not designed to hold live coyotes if you get my meaning and would work just fine on a gun dog. On the 9th I'll be out with a vengeance.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just run em down on a sled #$%^&>

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Those "hunters" who just sit on the road and call only educate the yots, plus taking those stupidly long shots from the warm confines of the cab make it harder for the rest of us. Yots around here even see a truck and their running for the middle of the section.;:;banghead

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coyotes are responding good other than a little slow to get within range. With all this snow it limits where they are laying at. Find cover and you will find coyotes. Also cattle or deer in the area helps a lot!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67