Honey I think I hear something out on the porch..

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every time I hear something on my porch in turns out to be weasels. I quit looking.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is also another reason for a short bbl full choked gun stoked with 7 1/2.

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I rented a farmstead out for a few years out in the middle of nowhere. One night I was woken up by a loud noise outside of the back door. I looked at the clock and it was 3:30 in the morning. I kept hearing a pounding sound outside of the door. Talk about getting the heart pumping. So I snuck down stairs with the shotgun and some 00 buckshot and get to the door and I could still hear the sound. So I counted to 3 and opened the door and turned the lights on outside all at once, and standing on my porch was a big Angus bull!!! That thing was very close to getting shot I centered my sight right between his eyes but somehow managed not to squeeze off the trigger

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't sneak around. Barricade/guard the family and call 911 within reason. Weapon choice is debatable.

I prefer birdshot and a FC. One could also say choke has no meaning within home ranges. The above vid is a good example of the need for extended range relative to pattern density. A turkey gun with small shot is the best home defense weapon and perhaps the best turkey gun. IMHO

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have an older (6 or 7 years old) Tom Mt Lion I see 7-8 times a month here, he minds his own business and Max and I mind ours.

Now the "new" young Tom may find his way onto the floor as a rug and into the crock pot if he keeps screwing around.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
sneaking around is funner. Stealth mode is my favorite. I'm a ninja

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105