Dick's Sporting Goods

Deerhntr71

Founding Member
Founding Member
So Sears is closing at the mall in Fargo, and rumor going around is Dick's Sporting Goods will be going into this spot in the mall. I have never been to one. What are they like for guns, hunting and fishing gear?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
i will never ever spend my money at Dicks.

- - - Updated - - -

Scheels at least supports the second amendment, Dicks does not.

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree with ndlongshot, not that great. They're more of an athletic store with a side department of hunting/fishing stuff. Sometimes though they have some damn good sales on fishing gear.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its a very elementary sporting goods section. And high prices as well, in my opinion.

And as Wag's mentioned, after Sandy Hook they refused to sell AR rifles any longer.

I'll spend my money elsewhere.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, the one in Bismarck has a hunting section about 15 feet long filled with nothing you would need. They have guns being sold by guys that know very little. The rest of the store is filled with clothing. It's a chick store.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They have less selection than Walmart with the same type of items being sold. But if you like over priced work out clothes then your set.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been in the one in Bismarck once....have no reason to go back.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
The store sucks in Bismarck and is a damn ghost town when you go in there. I have found some pretty good deals though because they clearly aren't moving inventory. I could really care less that they don't sell AR's.

scrotcaster

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, the one in Bismarck has a hunting section about 15 feet long filled with nothing you would need. They have guns being sold by guys that know very little. The rest of the store is filled with clothing. It's a chick store.

This

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah I've just been completely impressed with Scheel's. They price match anyone as well.....pretty tough to beat.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you don't like me, go to Dicks Sporting Goods. I won't EVER be there.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bismarck - full of bass fishing lures, and I've yet to find a good "deal" on anything fishing. I'd far rather shop at Dakota Tackle, Scheels, or Runnings. For hunting, I dunno, but for shooting, etc, they are just so-so. Sometimes good deals on ammo.

I bought a set of golf clubs at the one in Minneapolis. Scored an EXCELLENT deal. So for that reason, I don't wish they fall off the earth, but for fishing, I'd much rather shop elsewhere.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're such dicks.

- - - Updated - - -

A new sporting goods retailer is coming to Jamestown, according to Buffalo Mall management.

Dunham’s Sports will take over the majority of the west side of the mall, said Tim Perkins, mall property manager. The store will occupy about 40,000 square feet and be about half the size of the Home of Economy store now operating in the mall.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.jamestownsun.com/news/local/4192835-mall-add-new-store

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Their regular prices are generally way overpriced but they have aggressive promotions and discounts. If you pay attention you can find some pretty good deals. Their return and replacement policies are very good in my opinion. I usually order online and if I'm not satisfied I take it to the local store for a refund or replacement no questions asked. They had a tremendous deal last summer on an Black Max Abu Garcia rod and reel combo and I ordered one online. UPS dropped it off in three pieces with a hole in the box and part of the rod missing. At least the reel was OK so I took it to the store for replacement. They were sold out of the combo but the manager offered me a different rod worth almost twice the value of the broken rod for an exchange. It wasn't what I wanted but I was satisfied with the trade-up. I don't know if they price match anything but I know they will not price match ammo. I wanted to use a discount coupon if they would price match Walmart but that was a no-go. Even with the discount coupon the price was still higher than Walmart.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know this sporting good store but I would be OK with some kind of store that has a selection of other things to buy then what we have here in Devils lake. Competition is good gives you options sometimes it would be nice to get a better deal on something at home rather than buying online.

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a somewhat related note, they just announced Macy's in Grand Forks is closing. I basically get 100% of my work clothes from there. Not good news for GF or the mall. :mad:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74