Mocha

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
We live down along Hay Creek east of Pebble Creek. We're keeping our eyes open. We generally run the dog up that way but the whole area is drifted in so we haven't been able to get more than a 1/2 mile up the trail. Going to run the sleds up that way tomorrow to look for him since I'm off. Sounds like they have been looking mainly to the west of Pebble Creek.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our son was out on snowmobile assisting this afternoon. I believe that Mocha was spotted west of 83 around 84th and Ridgedale. My wife and I did some driving yesterday in the Nebraska area. Wondering if an infrared scope would be of value. Certainly a lot of wildlife in the area that would reflect heat. Please consider assisting if time / resources allow. Do not know the owner, but certainly feel his pain. rd

Ristorapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
someone took the info off the facebook page and posted it on the time clock at work today. Still no word if found??

You

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Last edited:

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw him on 71st and 83 today. I tried calling the owner but he did not answer. I am sure he was getting bombarded with calls. Dog was scared and confused and running down the road. Lots of people stopping but dog just kept running. I heard they got snowmobiles out but lost him.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
This ain't your ordinary dog. Remember theze r sled dogs in addition to all the other hunting traits they have. This one must be scared of noise though. Hope he makes it

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Owner put out a video yesterday saying he got close to the dog and had his favorite squeak toy, but the dog still walked/ran off. If the dog wont even walk up to his owner It seems like the only way to get him would be to trap him or come across him when he would be too tired to walk off. Hopefully he finds some shelter with warmth to get through these low temps.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sad deal, think about from the dogs stand point he probably ran off to chase some tail and now all these people are chasing him with snowmobiles yelling for him. Its pretty impresive that so many in the comunity have tried helping out with this.

Dogs are hearty we just spoil them. On the news in Bis there was a story a little while back. A smaller dog had disapeared i think it had been a couple years but was spotted running around the landfill. They said they were going to put out traps as no one could catch him. I never heard the final outcome of that one.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Haha If this was yeti boy (my cat) you guys would be saying shoot it or run the damn thing over with those sleds.

I wonder if the dog has issues between the ears and will ever be happy since it won't come back to it's owner waggingg it's tail like a normal dog would.

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
The dog is most likely scared to death. Not sure chasing him is a great idea.
He must be finding food somewhere. Lots of smelly restaurants up north.
It sounds like they have some traps set. Hopefully they will get him before a vehicle does.

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
A group met at N Walmart this morning around 8 AM. While we do not know the owner, our family is offering assistance as owner requests. Owner is requesting that if the dog is spotted, call the owner at 701-four two six-sixty four fifty nine. Please do not chase, call, or whistle as this apparently causes the dog to run away. Dog has been missing since Jan 1. Thanks!! rd

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
You would think someone in bismarck would have a blooder to track this dog.

- - - Updated - - -

its going to warm up though -- probably best idea would be to feed the area so to speak and get em to settle in.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 112
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69