URGENT: Obama freezing gun transfers!!

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vollmer, I know this thread is political in nature but please let it be in "guns & ammo" because it will affecting anyone buying a gun in the next couple months.

The ATF has issued a revised form 4473 (the paperwork you fill out when you buy a gun) and all FFLs are REQUIRED to begin using it 1/16/17. Even though the article from ATF says forms are to begin shipping late December, it goes on to say the form is not yet available. NO FORM 4473 MEANS YOUR GUN CANT LEAVE THE SHOP UNTIL ATF GETS OFF THEIR ASSES.

I'm going to talk to my FFL tomorrow and ask WTF is going on. I'll report back later.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions

ISELLGUNS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Vollmer, I know this thread is political in nature but please let it be in "guns & ammo" because it will affecting anyone buying a gun in the next couple months.

The ATF has issued a revised form 4473 (the paperwork you fill out when you buy a gun) and all FFLs are REQUIRED to begin using it 1/16/17. Even though the article from ATF says forms are to begin shipping late December, it goes on to say the form is not yet available. NO FORM 4473 MEANS YOUR GUN CANT LEAVE THE SHOP UNTIL ATF GETS OFF THEIR ASSES.

I'm going to talk to my FFL tomorrow and ask WTF is going on. I'll report back later.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/atf-form-4473-firearms-transaction-record-revisions

I got my new forms today. Haven't looked yet to see what has changed.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got my new forms today. Haven't looked yet to see what has changed.

Well that's a relief...

It says "the form is not yet available" so I assumed, you know, it wasn't available.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the most confusing contradictory shit I've ever read. Quote from the ATF website:

Ordering Forms

Please note; the revised form is not currently available for either download or ordering. Packets of 50 forms will begin arriving at FFLs late December. Should you require additional forms, please contact the ATF Distribution Center by telephone at (703) 870-7526 or (703) 870-7528. Forms may also be ordered online or you may print the Form 4473 from ATF’s website and make copies as needed. Please note that all six pages of the Form 4473 must be printed and retained as a part of your permanent records.

So is the form available for ordering or isn't it?!

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed with 2nd FFL that he has new forms in hand. Crisis averted. Nothing to see here.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Please note that all six pages of the Form 4473 must be printed and retained as a part of your permanent records.
There is a change I think. If I remember the FBI and ATF were supposed to destroy those records after 90 days. Permanent is the same as gun registration. Now all they have to do is require a form for personal transfer even if not a sale. The FBI has been keeping records for years in violation of the law.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Confirmed with 2nd FFL that he has new forms in hand. Crisis averted. Nothing to see here.[/QUOTE]

The moral of the story pool turd,

5328925944_25bb324271.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74