Teriyaki Venison Meat Sticks

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did a 12 1/2 pound batch of venison/pork (10 lbs/2.5 lbs) teriyaki meat sticks smoked with a combination of maple/hickory/cherry. 3 pounds of the batch added 3 ounces of dehydrated pineapple granules for an added flavor.

-----

-----

-----

-----

Here is a finished shot showing the dehydrated pineapple granules in the meat sticks.

-----

These are not going to last long in the freezer, need to make more!

Thanks for looking!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man they sound good and look good, Even without a test taste I'd say they deserve Grand Champion . PBR gets a participation award but I'd guess it tastes better washing on of those sticks down the hatch. :)

Last edited:

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mossy I wondered how the YS640 would be for something like this. Looks like it worked good. Maybe squeeze on another 5lbs?? Did you ever have to rotate the meat?

Would you ever do summer sausage on there or should they be hung?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
once again looks great and now I'm hungry again.
I say you deserve another Blue RibbonThumbs Up

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
mind share your teriyaki reciepe? Like to find a good teriyaki marinade reciepe.....you can pm me
Nevermid found what i"m looking for....

Last edited:

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mossy I wondered how the YS640 would be for something like this. Looks like it worked good. Maybe squeeze on another 5lbs?? Did you ever have to rotate the meat?

Would you ever do summer sausage on there or should they be hung?

Yes, have to rotate them as most grills have hot spots. With most summer sausage casing being filled is heavier in weight I prefer hanging the chub not to get grate marks into the summer sausage. But that is just an appearance thing that will not effect taste, my wife and I are probably too anal on food appearance! :D

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mossy have you ever made a tangy summer sausage similar to the Cloverdale stuff? I see you sell citric acid on the site, what SS seasoning would go best to make a tangy batch? Any other tricks for SS, as I've never made it before? Thanks

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mossy have you ever made a tangy summer sausage similar to the Cloverdale stuff? I see you sell citric acid on the site, what SS seasoning would go best to make a tangy batch? Any other tricks for SS, as I've never made it before? Thanks

[FONT=&quot]We have done both the regular Summer Sausage and the Garlic Summer Sausage with the citric acid. We personally like the Citric Acid best with the Garlic Summer Sausage, but that could be because we like that flavor the best out of all of them. We are hoping to do a batch up with the North Country Summer Sausage but just haven't had the time yet.[/FONT]

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looks good mossy. I don't look at the site for a couple days and look at the good shit I miss.

aron

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have done both the regular Summer Sausage and the Garlic Summer Sausage with the citric acid. We personally like the Citric Acid best with the Garlic Summer Sausage, but that could be because we like that flavor the best out of all of them. We are hoping to do a batch up with the North Country Summer Sausage but just haven't had the time yet.

You sir, should make "sampler" plates for all the amazing shit you make.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
Planning on making a batch this weekend minus the pineapple. This just got me drooling thinking about it.

On another note, any idea when Tatonka Dust will be back?

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where do you find the granulated pineapples?

Most larger grocery stores carry the dehydrated pineapple granules.
-----

Planning on making a batch this weekend minus the pineapple. This just got me drooling thinking about it.

On another note, any idea when Tatonka Dust will be back?

[FONT=&quot]Going to be awhile, probably in that 3-6 months range yet, hopefully sooner![/FONT]

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have you ever tried a "combo" batch, ie; duck, goose, venison etc to clear the freezer? I believe this would work as all the flavors are similar.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75