2017 Ice Fishing Derby on Lake Ashtabula

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had around 240 people fishing this year. There were 9 fish weighed in. The ties were broke by weigh in time.

Perch Prize Weight

1. Jessie Knutson, Moorhead Vexilar FL12 .58 lbs
  2. Ramona Lockwood, Sanborn Eskimo Ice House .58 lbs
  3. Heidi Klein, Devils Lake $100 .58 lbs

Walleye Prize Weight

1. Jessie Knutson, Moorhead $300 3.06 lbs
  2. Heidi Klein, Devils Lake Vexilar Camera 1.83 lbs
  3. Mitch Wright, Valley City $100 1.00 lbs

Northern Prize Weight

1. Cory Knutson, Valley City $300 1.86 lbs
  2. Ashley Hall, Langdon Eskimo Ice House Drawing
  3. Zac Shape, Valley City $100 Drawing

Cash Drawings from Ticket

1. Dawn Haas, Page $300
  2. Bill McClaflin, West Fargo $200
  3. Mark Hill, Valley City $100

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are holes pre-drilled or can you fish the whole lake?

Phill Latio

Founding Member
Founding Member
Surprised that the rule NO VEHICLES ON THE ICE AFTER 1130!! didn't get enforced this year. Especially pissed me off because the chick that got 2nd place walleye drove out right next to us at 1145 and started drilling holes and still had their vehicle on when the tournament started. Not to mention the other two vehicles did the same thing and fished within 30 yards of us. Last year they had people going around telling everyone to get their vehicles off. I won't be fishing that tournament anymore.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
Surprised that the rule NO VEHICLES ON THE ICE AFTER 1130!! didn't get enforced this year. Especially pissed me off because the chick that got 2nd place walleye drove out right next to us at 1145 and started drilling holes and still had their vehicle on when the tournament started. Not to mention the other two vehicles did the same thing and fished within 30 yards of us. Last year they had people going around telling everyone to get their vehicles off. I won't be fishing that tournament anymore.

We had too many people arguing with volunteers last year when they tried to get people off the lake last year. People were asked when they got their tickets to pull off the ice or to at least park outside the area people were fishing when they were done setting up.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
BCWF has always done a great job in the events they have sponsored, however the rules sheet clearly states bolded and underlined NO VEHICLES OF ANY KIND ON ICE AFTER 11:30am … so if I was a fisherperson and/or my first time at the event I would be pissed if there was vehicles out there after that time…people get funny when it comes to tournaments….

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
he said 9 so i assumed more than 3 perch were brought in or some such thing

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were some perch and a walleye brought in that didn't place.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
First time I fished the Broken Oar tournament. No set up before noon. Drive by the place on my way to work and seen at least a dozen houses set up. That tournament is a shit show but the rules meeting/door prizes are pretty fun. One of these years I'll get to go to it again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67