Snow camo

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's a good brand. I'm in the market for some new stuff. I sat in a snow bank for 25 minutes today and my a$$ is soaked. I'm thinking of going with bibs. Looking for something that's lightweight but loose enough to be able to layer under it. And water proof.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a pair of white painter coveralls and wear over your ice fishing bibs or whatever warm and waterproof clothes you want

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got the Kings Camo bibs and jacket, so far it's treated me pretty well. Lightweight and fairly waterproof from what I've experienced so far. I always use a separate pad to sit on though, keeps me nice and dry and gives a little extra padding so my lower back doesn't hurt so bad at the end of the day.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Coveralls are not a option. They are the most uncomfortable things ever.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
More uncomfortable then a wet, cold a$$?? Just cut them in the middle at the waist, then you have pants and jacket ;:;rofl.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabe...PLUS-reg/726110.uts?productVariantId=2120916&

No experience with these but they are on sale and if you do try them let us know.

I have an older pair of these, way back when they used to offer them in all white. Not sure what has changed with the new ones but I'm sure something has... They work good, but are not lightweight. I have worn shorts under them before because they get toasty when snow shoeing in a ways.

SupressYourself

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you find anything in Mossy Oak Winter Brush, let me know. That pattern is the cats-ass for this part of the world, but you can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.

Why can I get it in these ridiculous boot-slipper things, but not a fricken coat or hat?

MOWB.jpg

Last edited:

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Russell Outdoor brand in mossy oak winter brush pattern. Got it at scheels bout 3 yrs ago. Never get wet or cold! Mine is the bibs n coat style.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you ever make it to the Minot area, stop in to Soaring Eagle Outerwear by Schatz truck stop and tell Austin you want him to make you a snow camo set like what he made for me (Andy Petras). $150, custom made to fit your measurements, and warm as hell insulated bibs and coat. They have a plastic membrane in them that keeps the moisture out and your body heat in for those long cold day sits and they aren't noisy. I bought a set from him about 7 years ago for work and it was ridiculous how warm they were. I just had him make me up another set this year in a regular camo for late season bowhunting. The other nice thing about them is they aren't crazy bulky either and are really flexible/easy to walk in. You will not be disappointed. I've been wearing mine out yote hunting even tho they are regular camo and not snow camo. I just find a brush patch to sit in before I start calling. When I'm walking to my sitting spot I have to leave the coat mostly unzipped or it is too warm, but it really makes sitting there in the cold and wind much better. The plastic membrane cuts that wind so well it's ridiculous.

jer79

Founding Member
Founding Member
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/mil-tec-german-military-style-camo-suit?a=1781356

looks like this particular website is out, but if a guy wanted them you could find them. I just put them over good winter clothes . ive used these for about 15 years now. I take them off before I get in the pickup and leave them in a plastic tote in back with anti-scent stuff sprayed in there. then atleast the outside layer of my clothing doesn't smell like black ice air freshener, and I'm not getting cover scent, fox urine etc on the seats of my vehicle. better than Tyvek and cheap

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Kings snow camo Rain gear keeps me dry and wind proof Pants and Jacket over sized to fit layers under neath

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you find anything in Mossy Oak Winter Brush, let me know. That pattern is the cats-ass for this part of the world, but you can't seem to find it anywhere anymore.

Why can I get it in these ridiculous boot-slipper things, but not a fricken coat or hat?

763effc15f59c785c6cdf2a12d58f10b-99.jpg

I think you would look stunning in these fabulous booties of coyote doom

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
if your wife is a big gal and still has her wedding dress in the closet....

9b0t5.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 116
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 76