2015 spring turkey

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone else get their bird yet? Filled my tag Saturday evening at 7pm. Shooting an obsession knightmare using the victory arrow/magnus bullhead combination. 15 Yard shot. The bird has a 7.5" beard and the spurs were around .5"

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I saw one tick already. didn't find any on me but I found one crawling on the bag for my chair when I was packing things up. Bismarck/Mandan area.

Attachments

IMG_1141sm1.jpg
Last edited:

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, didn't realize 98 went that far north. Just looked at the unit map again and sure enough. Can't help you much up there. There used to be some down south of Bismarck around the rifle range/boat ramp area. I haven't been over there for years though so things may have changed.

I have heard of some around the washburn area but those were all on Private land and have no idea what the landowners are as far as getting permission.

The birds may come back around though. A few years ago the area I hunt, the birds disappeared for a while. about a week/week and a half later, they came back in there.

Attachments

IMG_0637.jpg IMG_0007.jpg IMG_2484.jpg IMG_3061.jpg

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, that's me.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a video from the spring of 2014. About 200 yards away from where I got my bird this year.

dust in the wind

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me! The video camera is a contour roam 2 and is attached to a head band on my head. Basically what you see is what I see - Just off to the side a bit.

Attachments

IMG_6882.jpg IMG_1237.jpg

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20150503_062528010.jpg my buddy and I doubled this morning. Both birds dropped just after sun up

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Good looking bird. My tag got packed away in the process of moving and can't find it now. But paddlefishing starts for me on Wednesday so that will make up for it.

BP338

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got drawn then had to move...we live 4hrs + from my unit. I don't think we'll get to go this year. :mad:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's pretty cool. Who is the camera person?

"Person"?...Very sophisticated. Ahhh. If I were sans a penis, I'd prefer camerawoman and likely would rather be referenced in traditional English so I could hook up with men like me without a lot of bullshit, Oprah and LifeTime; (even though they re-run "Frazier"). Being a woman is not a handicap; men could do nothing without them and the only "glass ceiling" is the one they fall through after over-assertion. Two of my favorite bosses were women. They had great minds, were personable with nothing to prove and knew their limitations without excuse. "Somehow" they managed to not hate men. I did not bone or try to bone either of them even as I could tell they wanted me. "But Svnmag, there are women fighter jet pilots!!': Yes, and they're willing to sacrifice a bit more than life to "one up" males. Trouble is, many males may be sacrificed to rescue the chick due to the media and politics. These men would be Navy Seals. There are no female Navy Seals. There are no female Army Rangers. There never will be unless standards are lowered. "FISHERMAN"/"CAMERAMAN". Nothing wrong with that. Let us preserve and protect.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79