Benelli Owners~

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Or folks that would like to be,check out the all new super black eagle3,I like the new changes now I need to give one a whirl,I see they finally added a magizine lock plus a two piece loading ramp.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've seen the info on them. I have a SBE which is on year 15 and until that one even shows a sign of issues I won't look to replace it. I like the overcharged handle factory on the gun. They know what they want for them $$$.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've got a 10 year old SBE II and a couple of other shotguns so unless it makes its own ammo and never misses I'll pass.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I own 2, Montefeltro and a SBE. The thing with shotguns is they have gotten like everything else, you pay for a quality lifetime gun or you pay for a cheapo that will last 5-10 years.

If you use the gun just for hunting upland and an occasional waterfowl shoot, say 100-150 rounds per year at the most a cheapo will do, they are designed for the casual hunter. However if you are shooting sporting clays, upland and waterfowl, launching 500-1000+ rounds per year including 3" and 3.5", that will take it's toll on a cheapo pretty quickly.

I couldn't tell you how many thousands of rounds I've put through my SBE but it has to be well over 10,000 and it has never failed me. Lost the recoil pad somehow this year but found it a month later.

Truly one of the "you get what you pay for" items. They make a damn good action.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have an M2 12 ga. I absolutely love that gun. I can't justify an SBE for the main reason that I don't waterfowl hunt. I may pick up an 870 super mag just to fill the void though.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Don't hunt waterfowl. Shoot half dozen pheasents a year, so my 870 20ga works just fine.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
M2 20g here. I use if for everything - even when I should man up and go with heavier/meaner rounds. I just can't help it - it's so light and fits me to the T - almost no recoil. It makes me giddy sometimes. ::laughing::

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have an M2 12 ga. I absolutely love that gun. I can't justify an SBE for the main reason that I don't waterfowl hunt. I may pick up an 870 super mag just to fill the void though.

3.5" shells are incredibly overrated. I wouldnt worry about it

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member

I'm with you. I hate 3.5-inch shells...see no point. Figured for a few less dollars and a bit lighter weight, but with all the features that make a Benelli go bang every time, the M2 was perfect. The only thing I wish I'd done was gotten a camo version instead of the black matte. That finish on the barrels is absolute garbage.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh I don't know about pretty, but Wags' AR looks pretty nice with just a coat of rattle can. I've looked into the duracoat and cerakote but they are insanely expensive. I think suppressyourself was the one that did an amazing job on a few of his guns. Either way, a coat of matte clear clear and things would stay pretty well.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
M2 20g here. I use if for everything - even when I should man up and go with heavier/meaner rounds. I just can't help it - it's so light and fits me to the T - almost no recoil. It makes me giddy sometimes. ::laughing::

I too shoot a 20ga Montefeltro for upland, for the exact same reasons as you. While your shot weight is lower (volume) your velocity is the same. Shot pellet per shot pellet same knock down power....just need to be a better shot with the 20ga. ;)

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
....just need to be a better shot with the 20ga. ;)

I'm always working on that part. I seem to do way better in the field than at the skeet range - could all be in my head of course - but if it's going to be lopsided then I prefer to shoot better in the field.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I own 2, Montefeltro and a SBE. The thing with shotguns is they have gotten like everything else, you pay for a quality lifetime gun or you pay for a cheapo that will last 5-10 years.

If you use the gun just for hunting upland and an occasional waterfowl shoot, say 100-150 rounds per year at the most a cheapo will do, they are designed for the casual hunter. However if you are shooting sporting clays, upland and waterfowl, launching 500-1000+ rounds per year including 3" and 3.5", that will take it's toll on a cheapo pretty quickly.

I couldn't tell you how many thousands of rounds I've put through my SBE but it has to be well over 10,000 and it has never failed me. Lost the recoil pad somehow this year but found it a month later.

Truly one of the "you get what you pay for" items. They make a damn good action.

Couldn't agree more. I shoot an old (emphasis on old) Browning Auto-5. The gun is close to 60 years old. Still shoots every time I pull the trigger. Have had a little work done over the years but I would think it is expected for the age. Firing pin and work on the bolt one time. Not bad. Benelli produces a quality shotgun and I'm not sure if they were even available when the Browning was produced. Someday those owners will be talking about how old their Benelli is. Not meant to start an argument on which gun is the best, there are lots of good guns being manufactured today.

Cost and worth is mostly in the eye of the beholder. Do you want to be able to hand your guns down to your grandchildren some day. Pretty sure they will want something brand new but your guns will look nice in their gun safe.

dr_weather

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw they were out but haven't had my hands on one for a closer look. I'm looking for an alternative as I have been shooting a 12 ga. Super Vinci for a few years. I usually go to Central Sask for a week each year and do some fairly high volume waterfowl shooting. Great gun but the trigger guard beats my middle finger terribly. Unfortunately, it has left my trigger hand bruised and in rough shape for the rest of the season, even when switching to lighter guns for upland. I had thought about the new Browning A5s but have heard mixed reviews on them.

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just FYI. The only thing A5 with the new version is the appearance. I love that profile even though it adds a bit of felt recoil. I once shot a 48 at trap with a Sweet Sixteen. Had a chance to buy it...:mad:

th

- - - Updated - - -

Without that turd on the end of the bbl.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Couldn't agree more. I shoot an old (emphasis on old) Browning Auto-5. The gun is close to 60 years old.

Cost and worth is mostly in the eye of the beholder. Do you want to be able to hand your guns down to your grandchildren some day. Pretty sure they will want something brand new but your guns will look nice in their gun safe.

I still shoot my Browning Auto 5 at quail and doves, it's a 1961 Sweet Sixteen model. :cool:

I have more guys arguing about who gets it when I kick off than my SBE II.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 153
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 79