Trolling rod

ndweimer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone ever use the Jason Mitchell trolling series rod and reel combo? Comes with Diawa reel. Have the scheels combo, but looking at getting another trolling setup. What is everyone else using?

On another note, what are the thoughts on Berkley's colored fireline? I like the idea. Tired of this winter stuff, bring on the open water fishing.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have not used his rods since being disappointed with his ice rods. But, I approve of your thinking. I already have open water on my mind.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
I'm in the market for a few more rods. Not sure I wanna go with G Loomis, but if anyone has opinions, let me know

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love my Daiwa Heartland telescopic's. Can't beat em for the price. have used em for a hell of a long time with zero issues. even pulling boards. The colored fireline is nice but the color fades out over time and becomes white

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been using the scheels trolling rods with Okuma reels. 8'6" telescopic version. I really love them for pulling cranks, both rod and reel have been solid. I have one with the crystal fireline and one with smoke. Thinking of converting all my fireline rods to crystal this year. I like it because it's easy to see above water, but I don't believe is highly visible below water.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a 20lb fluoro leader even on my crank rods. Eliminates the question of if they see it and the knot will catch some of the debris in the water

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I run a 20lb fluoro leader even on my crank rods. Eliminates the question of if they see it and the knot will catch some of the debris in the water

Try a small split shot or a bead if you are getting a bunch of debris. They will help much more than the knot and won't mess too much with the depth your crank is supposed to run.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 102
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 64