AIM 2017 Registration

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
AIM registration opened up today so if you were wanting to fish it this year it's time to sign up. We are in again this year. Anybody else signed up yet?

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yup will be sending everything out for all 4 tournaments tomorrow morning.

Honored Member
Already signed up. Anyone think there will be a full field this year?

sig357

Founding Member
Founding Member
Already signed up. Anyone think there will be a full field this year?
That would be nice to see. I like the format they use. The idea of putting fish back in the water right away is always a nice thing to see. I know it doesn't have the same luster to it as bringing in a boat load of pigs to show off. But I did see a video of some of the guys from last year using a some type of app where it would cast a picture of your fish out there for everyone to see. I think it may have been on their website.

- - - Updated - - -

Awe yes the app was called Prochattrr.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Sfe50WGrk

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
It is a cool app. I didn't post with it, but watched it some.

Not sure about full field. There are so many good tournaments in the state. Should see a better turnout, though.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wishing I could do I still year.... maybe when I'm done with my degree I'll have time.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think Bismarck will be full. Talked to a few guys last year that fished it but we're not happy about running around the river with low water. One guy tore the skeg off his motor.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't think Bismarck will be full. Talked to a few guys last year that fished it but we're not happy about running around the river with low water. One guy tore the skeg off his motor.
There's a good chance of that happening on any day with the river.

Honored Member
Been there done that. It will launch you out of your seat a few feet.

Rizzo

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were definitely a few spots on the river last year that the pucker factor was very high. We did some involuntary logging a time or two. Yamaha makes a tough transom mounted wood processor

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member

Welcome to fishing the Missouri River. One of the best, most treacherous walleye fisheries in the upper Midwest.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Id like to register but curious how "professional" this tournament is? Never fished a tournament before just got a boat this last year, nothing big but a 16' Crestliner superhawk 1600 with a 75hp 4stroke Yamaha ... it'll do 35ish .... Scared of all the big dogs out there ... might do a smaller one just to dip my toes in the water maybe do "fishing for the cure" in Beulah ....

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Hit any of the local ones, to get your feet wet.

I don't think the AIM event frowns on boat size, but it did seem to attract the more hardcore crowd. Hoping that the regular folks like me start to flood it.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Thanks V !! My wife is actually getting excited about the fishing for the cure one!!

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Id like to register but curious how "professional" this tournament is? Never fished a tournament before just got a boat this last year, nothing big but a 16' Crestliner superhawk 1600 with a 75hp 4stroke Yamaha ... it'll do 35ish .... Scared of all the big dogs out there ... might do a smaller one just to dip my toes in the water maybe do "fishing for the cure" in Beulah ....

If you are in the Bismarck area a good one to get your feet wet with is the Bisman Reel & Rec tournament towards the end of May. All sizes of boats show up for that one & it isn't too serious of an event.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77