Question for you snowmobilers?

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
I recently bought a 2010 polaris dragon RMK. At first all was good but now the dash and lights cut out after about 10-15 minutes of run time.

I did some quick google searches and found that it is most likely a voltage regulator.

I asked the guy i bought it from and he said he never replaced it.

Any help is greatly appreciated before i order a new one.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like a mechanical mystery once in a while so beings I'm cooped inside today I did a little digging, Found a bit of info. It sounds like there was a common problem with heat build up on that model. Below is one of the posts that made some sense, Also sounds like the sled could quit and you would have to wait till it cools down for it to start again.

"You can do alot of things on your sled to pervent that problem. Were the reg and the capacitor is gets hot they are mounted on top of each other.You can move the capacitor out of the plastic cover and mount it on the shock tower.Remove a circle from the foam between the 2 plates, under the voltage reg, but dont remove the hole foam it stops vibration. Add more ground straps, engine to bulkhead and bulkhead to ground on elec plate by your left knee. Lightening 1000 just did his Ill see if he can post some pics for ya he also has a little fan on his."

http://www.snowandmud.com/archive/index.php/t-38199.html

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 122
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79