Bromethalin Toxicology

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
Just wanted to let everyone know if you didn't already, not all rodenticides are made the same. last night was a doozy and took 4 of our dogs the ER. Knowing what active ingredient is in your rodenticide (if you are into such things) is key to getting the proper care for your furry friend.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just wanted to let everyone know if you didn't already, not all rodenticides are made the same. last night was a doozy and took 4 of our dogs the ER. Knowing what active ingredient is in your rodenticide (if you are into such things) is key to getting the proper care for your furry friend.

get a turkey baster and give them bulb loadings of brine (strong saltwater solution) until they hurl

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
Our first intention was to stuff em with hydrogen peroxide, but didn't have enough on had. took em into the vet and they got a shot that had em spewing like a college after party, followed by activated charcoal.

The nasty thing about the active ingredient bromethalin is that it is a neurotoxin which attacks the nervous system, and could take anywhere from 4 hours to 4 days to show symptoms.

Last edited:

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
My lab loves rat poison too.... I always keep a full bottle of peroxide on hand... he is so used to it he will let me pour it down his throat

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah had a scare this fall when my lab got my neighbors. really scary till I called my buddy and got peroxide in her to puke then got a hold of the vet and they informed me about the differences. Good thing for us the stuff wasn't in her system for more than probably 2min MAX and she eats everything whole.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
yeah its always nice to catch em early. these 4 were exposed for several hours, so it was a little deeper in their digestive tract

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
That is some bad crap but works good on mice and rats as long as a dog or cat doesn't eat it or the dead animal.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Plain old victor traps and peanut butter in my garage. Not a problem unless the pup eats the trap and mouse Its like a mini trap line and you don't have to skin them if you don't want to.:;:cheers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 121
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 73