Boat cleaner

freiday31

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just curious what everyone uses to get and keep their fiberglass clean and shiny?

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I like

7590022_lco_10160_pri_larg.jpg

Napa carries it.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use the $4 turtle wax spray and wipe clean. Works good. I get home and then spray it when I have time instead of wiping it down at the ramp.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Duckys is amazing to keep water spots off, Especially on a black motor where every spot shows up. Got it off Amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

Should add that I use Eagle One Marine Wax As-U-Dry after the Ducky's. Find it at Walmart

Last edited:

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use mist and shine during the year to just clean it up and shiny, and usually use 3m boat wax 2 times a year it has a mild rubbing compound works great on the buffer.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
50/50 mix of white cleaning vinegar and water works well for an inexpensive quick wipe down.
Keep it in a spray bottle with a soft cloth....spray on - wipe off....

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I too am a fan of home brew cleaning products, They work just as good as any store bought stuff that I have tried. I have not tried the cornstarch yet though.

[h=2]Fiberglass Cleaner[/h]
  • [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]1[/FONT]Pour one pint of water into a clean bucket.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]2[/FONT]Use a measuring cup to add one cup of 70 percent isopropyl alcohol to the water.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]3[/FONT]Add one tablespoon of ammonia.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]4[/FONT]Mix the items thoroughly with a mixing stick.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]5[/FONT]Use a funnel to pour the mixture into a plastic spray bottle.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]6[/FONT]Spray the mixture onto the fiberglass boat and clean the boat with water and a clean rag.

[h=2]Showroom Shine[/h]
  • [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]1[/FONT]Mix two tablespoons of cornstarch with one gallon of warm water in a bucket.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]2[/FONT]Add one half cup of ammonia and one half cup of white vinegar to the cornstarch and water.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]3[/FONT]Mix the ingredients thoroughly until they have dissolved into the water.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]4[/FONT]Use a funnel to pour the mixture into a plastic spray bottle (without spilling). Apply this mixture to the fiberglass boat surface and wipe off with a clean, damp rag for a showroom shine.

[h=2]All-Purpose Cleaner[/h]
  • [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]1[/FONT]Add one half cup of baking soda to one gallon of warm water in a bucket.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]2[/FONT]Add one half cup of white vinegar to the mixture, as well as one cup of ammonia.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]3[/FONT]Use a mixing stick to mix the ingredients thoroughly.

• [FONT=lev_serifhandcut]4[/FONT]Pour the mixture into a plastic spray bottle. Spray the boat cleaner on various boat surfaces, as well as fiberglass surfaces. Rinse with a clean, damp rag

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_7824103_homemade-fiberglass-boat-cleaner.html

mmanske

Founding Member
Founding Member
The works toilet bowl cleaner works awesome. I recondition for a living and when we get boats in that is what we use just make sure you don't get it on any carpet

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ducky stuff worked pretty good, but I had better luck with the cheap Shoreline Marine Hull Cleaner from Walmart.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 168
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77