Pike. It's what for dinner

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Minus the slime, I love catching and eating pike. I also like a good curry. Tonight's supper combined the two.
IMG_2532.jpg
Started with the prep work. Mixed veggies, about 2tbsp of minced lemongrass and a tbsp of minced ginger.
IMG_2533.jpg
HEated up a wok on high with some peanut oil. Added lemongrass, ginger, and veggies and sauted for about a minute.
IMG_2534.jpg
Added three tablespoons of green curry paste and sauted for about 3 minutes.
IMG_2536.jpg
Added 1 can of coconut milk, scraped the brown bits and added about 2tbsp fish sauce and 2tbsp sugar. Let that simmer for about 3 minutes then added pike and cooked until flaky, about 5 minutes.
IMG_2537.jpg
Then added about 1/4 cup of cilantro right before serving over some rice. Fanfreakingtastic. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
Too many greens for me, but I know many who would dig into that. Thanks for the share.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Man im going to have to try that!

I made Jumbalya tonight wich really hit the spot. The wife and I figured we would start cooking more than enough protien for dinner each night. That way we have a sum what healthy lunch available but then one night a week we would make a dish to use it all. My sister-in-law is from the Philippines and would make a dish like this called ponzit (sp). The ponzit, jumbalaya, your curry dish would all work for this idea. Just throw in available protien and see how it turns out. Could even do mystery meat tacos one night.

Thanks for sharing!

Gator

Founding Member
Founding Member
I boil pike in onions and celery for three minutes add butter and garlic salt, sprinkle it paprika and broil it for three minutes. It tastes similar to baked cod. When my wife is in one her heath kicks it is high protein meal and I can eat and actually like it. Pike is around 38 grams per 8 oz.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 134
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75