Drones

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Standard I think it is ok for an beginner it was fairly easy to get it up an flying and get the hang of it. the photo quality is decent I got around Christmas time and have only use it a couple times since it has been so cold. My 14 year old son flies it like an old pro dodging building and trees and chasing the cats and horses it looks like all those video games have paid off. I just keep it high in the air avoiding all obstacles
Standard or pro? You happy with it?

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Standard I think it is ok for an beginner it was fairly easy to get it up an flying and get the hang of it. the photo quality is decent I got around Christmas time and have only use it a couple times since it has been so cold. My 14 year old son flies it like an old pro dodging building and trees and chasing the cats and horses it looks like all those video games have paid off. I just keep it high in the air avoiding all obstacles

Thank you, that is the one I've been researching so appreciate the feedback!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced, just ordered a Mavic Pro was wondering if anybody had one, I would like to have a little better range on the video and Mavic is suppose to have that, as far as flying the Phantom, it is easy to fly, the return to home is nice after you have lose sight of it and the video quites pushed the button and in a little while here she comes, and like Obi-Wan says give it to the kids and they will show what it can do

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
does a cheap one exist that you can fly overwater with a go pro??

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Shorthairsrus You can put a Go Pro on Traxxas Aton, they fly good to, they return to home also

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here is what i want to do with it ---- i want it along in the boat to have it do some remote videoing of us fishing.

- - - Updated - - -

what if the thing drops in the water?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
does a cheap one exist that you can fly overwater with a go pro??
The phantom 3 is just shy of $500 and has a camera with a mini sad card no need for a go pro and you watch the video on you phone as you are flying it

- - - Updated - - -

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
My neighbor kid just bought a Phantom from Best Buy. Dam thing flys itself, nothing like my quad or helicopters...

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a phantom 3 standard with 2 batteries a dual charger and extra props I'd sell for 600. I just don't use it as much as I thought wanna buy a 17hmr instead.

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Inspire 2 by DJI. Supposedly goes 70 mph following a selected target... time for some wave jumping selfies!!!

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The new model Inspire 2 has been slowed down to a speed of 58 mph

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 87