Ground & Formed Bacon - Loaves and Cased

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member
Normally just make the ground & formed bacon (venison/pork mix here) in loaves for bacon slices, but decided to stuff some of this batch in casings so we could have round slices for sandwiches. Smoked this batch with a blend of maple, hickory and cherry and when it was done fridged for the night.

-----

Next day sliced and vacuum sealed up the bacon...

-----

-----

Just had to make some bacon, egg and cheese biscuits for breakfast...

-----

Will definitely be making both loafed and cased ground & formed bacon from now on, the round slices are just too handy!
Thanks for looking!

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Do you mind releasing what you used for seasoning to make your bacon? That looks like an excellent addition to a breakfast and something different than sausage.

MossyMO

Founding Member
Founding Member

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Ground & Formed Bacon seasoning and cure are available at www.owensbbq.com/sausage-seasonings-jerky-mixes.html This comes with instructions that are also available to download at the website.

Run over to the sports show today. They've got a booth there. I bought a package of their bacon mix yesterday and am looking forward to trying it. I've used the spice mix from Valley Custom Meats in Minot which is really good as well but want to try the Owens stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh by the way, that looks delicious MO!

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can smell the BACCON already. I'm defiantly try that next time we make sausage.

Is it just me; with this warm weather I'm ready to fish outta the boat. Just got my lubes and filters changed. All I need to do is put on the new license and I'm ready.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
It is unbelievably good and service is top notch only place I will buy seasoning from

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
20170212_085108.jpg20170211_083549.jpg Agree 100 percent Kurt! Made some summersausage and formed bacon out of moose this weekend.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69