Transmission Shop Recommendation

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in need of some transmission work in the Bis/Man area. Looking for places anyone recommends or more specifically, where to stay away from.

Thanks guys.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't remember the specifics of the warranty on their work but I do remember being surprised by it. I want to say 3 years/36,000 miles or something.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
First question is what type of transmission and what vehicle, auto or manual, how do you use it ect.
My preference for any automatic trans work is Schmidt transmission in Dickinson over any in Bis / Man area hands down.

Really only 2 left in Bis / man Leos and S&S in Mandan for auto rebuilds and then on the manual side you can add Inland truck parts and service if its a pickup manual trans.

Last edited:

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leo's installed my Goerend 48RE behind my Cummins. Very fast service, Don I believe was the guys name.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leo's installed my Goerend 48RE behind my Cummins. Very fast service, Don I believe was the guys name.

Was it a Goerend exchange tranny or did they rebuild your with Daves components to his strict rebuild procedures and specifications? If just a swap that doesn't count, anyone can do tranny swaps alone.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stay away from me as i don't have a shop nor have i ever done tranny repair. I also didn't stay at a Holiday Express last night so i wouldn't even attempt to do my own transmission repair. ;:;rofl

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70