3 Man portable flip-over

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know summer is just beginning but I want to plan ahead a little bit. Does anyone have any recommendations of a 3-Man flip over portable? I have fished out of an Eskimo QuickFlip 3 and liked it but trying to weigh other options.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
If weight and price aren't a concern I'd go with the otter resort. I have an otter lodge and couldn't be happier with it.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah, not to be vague I guess. Otter is hands down, the best flipover option available. The only downside is that they are heavy. So if you're dragging by hand, its going to suck. I drag around an X2 by myself and I know I'd like to go for a lighter option. My father in law got a xt1200 cabin last fall and it is the cats pajamas.

squirrel92

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah, not to be vague I guess. Otter is hands down, the best flipover option available. The only downside is that they are heavy. So if you're dragging by hand, its going to suck. I drag around an X2 by myself and I know I'd like to go for a lighter option. My father in law got a xt1200 cabin last fall and it is the cats pajamas.

I fish a lot during early ice so the weight does play a large factor being I don't own a snowmobile or ATV.

Brotsky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Build a Smitty sled for your Otter Resort and weight becomes less of an issue. Google it, lots of good plans out there.

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
If weight is an issue and you have to have something for 3 people maybe look at a thermal hub house. All good flip over houses are heavy.

SeisMec

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking at the XT 1200 Resort but thinking about not installing the middle seat but going with a console instead for storage.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79