Updating Lowrance software

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well, as I sit here waiting for open water I search Lowrances website for any new software updates and each of my units has one. I run down to Scheels to find out that they are two updates behind on my gen 3 touch units and they don't have updates for my gen 2. I ran to Office Depot and grab the micro sd with an sd adaptor and go home to do everything. All is going well until I try to unzip the file and save it to the card and my computers win zip is expired. Just pisses me off that you spend $800 on a computer and everything needs to be renewed or expires. For Christ sake just charge me an additional $100 and give me a computer that I don't need to chase software all over the frickin place when I want to use it.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I'm reloading ammo today instead!

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can you use someone else's computer? I guess I'll be trying to update my chips after work.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I ran to mom and dads because that's where all the reloading stuff is and I'm trying on their computer. Then the 30-378 is getting some rounds built. Hope to shoot those tomorrow.

REY_off

Founding Member
Founding Member
How old is your computer? Im pretty sure windows has had a zip utility built in for quite a few years. Haven't used win zip in at least 10 years.

People also ask

How do you unzip a compressed file?

Do one of the following:

• To unzip a single file or folder, open the zipped folder, then drag the file or folder from the zipped folder to a new location.
  • To unzip all the contents of the zipped folder, press and hold (or right-click) the folder, select Extract All, and then follow the instructions.

[h=3]Compress and uncompress files (zip files) - Windows Help[/h]https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/.../windows-compress-uncompress-zip-files

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks REY. I think I got it on the run now.

- - - Updated - - -

And the my computer is only around a year old. We got it last year as a Christmas present for the kids.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 161
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76