House passed the cc

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also passed Civil Asset Forfeiture bill which is very good! Stop the police from stealing from people...

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
The house passed it now it gets kicked over to the senate where they can add subtract amend or vote it down all together...................so nothing has changed yet and even if passed "as is" nothing would change per say other than everyone who could or can be able legally get a ND class 2 concealed carry permit would be able to carry concealed in state without a permit.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Governor Bergum is for it, so as long as the senate passes it, it should be golden

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
How long before we know?

- - - Updated - - -

How long before we know?

- - - Updated - - -

How long before we know?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it passes as written, I believe the only change for me is, I don't have to have nightmares about accidentally forgetting my Concealed Weapons License at home.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
So my renewal paperwork that's been sitting on my desk for a month...what should I do with it.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
So my renewal paperwork that's been sitting on my desk for a month...what should I do with it.

I would assume if you ever want to carry in MT or SD you'd want to renew.. Correct?

- - - Updated - - -

That would be the only reason i am thinking i will need to renew mine

gst

Banned
Founding Member
Founding Member
This is only for carry in ND. Still need permit for other states.

Downrigger

Founding Member
Founding Member
and that $60 has been reallocated for jigs.

I'm glad you said for Jigs and not for the foo foo vacation you are being forced to go on.

Here is my question:

If this passes then what about the bill being looked at in Washington (I am NOT up on this at all so if I'm wrong please correct me) about concealed carry permits being recognized by every state equally. Would ND residents be able to carry in all states just based on the DL???

Putz ND

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mixed feelings on this one - I'm a strong second amendment supporter, but in a responsible, educated way. My wife and I took the course together and reviewing the laws, techniques,and having a couple of evenings surrounded by fellow gun enthusiasts was incredibly beneficial. When republicans are voted out of power again nationally - the pendulum of power always swings back and forth - we better maintain our reputation as responsible, knowledgeable gun owners or the antis will have even more enthusiasm to derail reasonable rights.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't get where the worry is about this. If you are a legal gun owner you can now carry without jumping through bullshit hoops and paying for a license to carry in the state. It doesn't cost the state money for constitutional carry as legal gun owners don't need to take up sheriff and clerical people's time and tax dollars anymore. If you want to carry in other states you can still apply for the other ccw permits the state issues for a price. This bill just allows legal state residents that have had a and drivers license for a year and can legally own/possess firearms to carry in our state. I think the rep from cando who thinks we need to license everything just to pay a fee needs to see his walking papers also. If they are worried about people being uninformed the state should provide the conceal carry study guide with every gun purchase, if you are responsible about carrying no one should ever know you carry anyways. With the Leo self declare part of this bill it benefits leos knowing that a person is carrying and it benefits the responsible concealed carry person not having to worry about permits.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70