nascar...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
stop gap for some... i really enjoy the first 10 weeks or so, then the last 5 or so... will make a race here soon...

daytona duals start at 6 central tomorrow... i'll watch...

strong toyota's - more fords - strong chevy's???

new story lines like always, but i always look forward to the start, and especially "the big 1" at daytona... i'll be making some dip to have with beers and taking it all in... gotta love the fact that they always say a prayer, thank their sponsors, and honor the flag more than any other sport...

monster may bring out some new age stuff also...

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
I'm a chevy and dirt track guy. Although they are basically big go-karts with logos on them. I have yet to see a 2 door taurus. lol
I watch when i'm not fishing but do pay pretty close attention during the year. Ryan Blaney fan today. Old Earnhardt fan.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i started out a dw and big e fan also, and a chevy guy, but not really a current chevy fan... i like jr, but just mainly cuz of of his dad i think, and now tony's gone too... gonna miss him on the greasy mid summer short tracks...

really liked rowdy a few years ago, and carl was the white knight... if "awesome bill from dawsonville" jr gets his nose bloody in a couple short track races, i could be a fan... idk... it's just different now... we need a legit badass again, like sr, to make it a great show for me... something bout a guy passing on the big check and putting a guy in the wall at 200 on the last lap cuz he's pist...

bring it on 2017!!! i'm ready!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am more excited the Lucas oil late models are coming up here this year. Hope Davenport and the BWR team comes so I get to see my little brother.

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It's turned into Hollywood, they need rock'em sock'em racing or the fans are done, look at the last 2 years half the stands are empty, now it's , Is my hair ok and are my sunglasses on right and is my Coke facing the right way, will watch Daytona and Talladaga that's about it

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Began watching when the Hudson's were on top and then became a big fan with the petty family, Oldsmobile and on to Plymouth.
started raising the family, Hudson's, olds and Plymouth are all. Gone. With that my interest turn elsewhere and now the Toyota came out on top and do not consider them an american vehicle.
so have little interest anymore. May be if dodge came back with there hemi. Lee petty in a 59 olds or Richard in his 57 olds. Top cars in their day. Buddy baker and the rest. Db

- - - Updated - - -

Did the bail out of the car industry have an effect on gm and mopar on their involment?

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
not even 1/2 way through the first points race of the season, and i'm diggin the new rules already... they sure seem to spice things up...

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
These restarts are going to kill somebody!!! These guys brake check on restarts better than the old "junk yard dog" Bob Moody back in his late model days. They need to start the race before the straight away starts!!!!!

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Used to be a big fan but the last few years has gotten too gimicky for me. The cars are so aero dependant now it's destroyed side by side racing. Get rid of those splitters and spoilers and get the cars up off the track and back in the drivers hands. Also not a fan of the cookie cutter mile and half tracks. They need more short tracks where beating and banging adds excitement and drama. I'll still watch a bit here and there but can't really sit thru a whole race anymore. Also todays young drivers don't have the same rivalries like Earnhardt and Gordon back in the '90s.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hemis are outlaw. Imagine that just found out, see why dodge are not in. Db

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Where the heck was Kyle Busch’s pit crew………would have been nice to see a better fisticuff than that! haha

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just a wimp fight, isn't Phoenix next week, call it the Phoenix duel, 3 round bare hand fist fight, with both crews to, make it a good old hockey fight

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Busch will learn to have back up even if it is a little hand slap.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Just a wimp fight, isn't Phoenix next week, call it the Phoenix duel, 3 round bare hand fist fight, with both crews to, make it a good old hockey fight

go to bowman gray and pull that and you just get shot. That is crazy down there aint noting to see some one get cracked with a wrench

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 76