Best online fishing store

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I live 30 miles out of town and don't make it to town very often and when I do make it to town our local store selection sucks and when in a bigger city like Bismark or Billings it's hard to convince the wife to go into Cabela's or Scheels ....

Point of the story where is the best online market for fishing tackle and gear... Cabela's.... Bass pro... Tackle warehouse .... ECT....

Thanks

Smuscha

Fishusa, cabelas, millsfleet, xtackle, tacklewarehouse. Use them all kinds of have to shop around a bit. Fishusa has stuff others dont. Xtsckle has alot of reef runners.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishusa can have some deals. Bought 2 Patriarch XT's for 179 last year. I see they have them full price right now. Tackle warehouse for different smallmouth plastics.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
They all have their good days. I have bought from fish USA, Cabelas, scheels, ebay, and hagens

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tackle industries has some good deals for bigger baits besides that I shop at bass pro and Cabela's online

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cabelas and Bass Pros shipping costs are way out of line IMO. Tacklewarehouse is what I use.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fishusa can have some deals. Bought 2 Patriarch XT's for 179 last year. I see they have them full price right now. Tackle warehouse for different smallmouth plastics.

That's a very good deal. $80 off.. nice.

- - - Updated - - -

This is such a good hat, and such a good price, that I bought two. Best hat ever.

https://www.fishusa.com/product/Simms-Windstopper-Flap-Caps-2016

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can't wear beanies. 20 minutes in and I'm ready to scratch my scalp off. Maddening feeling.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Guywhofishes. Love your avatar. Where did you find that? It is so you from what you do and say.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tackle warehouse
Fish USA
Reeds
Franks great outdoors
Ebay
Amazon

All great online service, if they don't have it you probably don't need it.

ccarver80

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ill have to check out FishUSA, I was hoping for an all around one stop store... but sounds like I will have to shop around.

eklindworth

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do you need to "convince" your wife to go into Cabelas or Scheels? Just drop her off at the mall (or other store you want to avoid) and go yourself. I go to Cabelas every time we are in Grand Forks and she goes to mall every time. Then we go for a pint and avoid talking about the stuff we really didn't need to buy.

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Amazon is the place for fishing line. I've bought a few 1000yd spools of fireline for $50.

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in agreement with many of the above suggestions. I especially like visiting with Wade down at Dakota Tackle, but online stores have their place as well. It was mentioned above that xtackle has a good selection of reef-runners, which is true. But if it's a deal you are looking for, reef-runners main website often has many sales on colors that are going out of production and you can find lures for half-off. http://www.reefrunner.com/limited-special-deals/

I recently did this and am going to have DirtyMike paint me up some 700 RipSticks for the fall salmon.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why do you need to "convince" your wife to go into Cabelas or Scheels? Just drop her off at the mall (or other store you want to avoid) and go yourself. I go to Cabelas every time we are in Grand Forks and she goes to mall every time. Then we go for a pint and avoid talking about the stuff we really didn't need to buy.

My wife will easily and happily go into Scheels. They have plenty of stuff for her to look at.

And my girls go straight to the minnow tank, just to look.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
i have also found some excellent deals on EBay. Good place to find discontinued lures. I also seem to find better deals on eBay them Amazon.

- - - Updated - - -

I always look for free shipping. eBay has a lot of that.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 100
  • This month: 97
  • This month: 90
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 62