headphone help...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
looking for some input on wireless... i think at this point i'm leaning that way... have been looking at over the ear from bose, beets, and senheiser mainly... these would be used around the house - garage mainly, as that's where i play... would be for all genres of music...

my daughter brought over her bluetooth in ear beets today, and i wasn't impressed with the sound quality or volume... i am an old rocker with some hearing damage, and really like the thought of the adjustable balance on the higher end senheisers... i had some back in the day and really liked them then... i'm not a big fan of bluetooth either and intrigued by the senheiser system...

what do you have, and how do you like them???

thanks...

- - - Updated - - -

hoping to stay ~ the $200 mark...

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you aren't dead set on wireless check out a pair of psb headphones/earbuds. They are worth the money if you are looking for sound quality and noise cancelling. To date they are the best sounding I have heard when comparing to senheiser, Bose, beats etc. They have the best sound quality in that price range imo. They aren't too bass heavy but definitely are adequate and have great all around sound quality. I would say the senheisers were the second best, followed by the Bose/beats. Of course when it comes to music everyone has their preferences for sound but I really like the psb's.

Journey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got a set of Bose sound sport last week. In ear, Bluetooth style. Was hesitant to go Bluetooth but think it was the right decision now. Plan to use them running, airplane whatever. Interesting how you can still hear background noise with them turned half way up

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ive never liked the ear bud types. We looked at alot of differnt ones for my son for christmas and went with the cheaper skull candies sound is pretty good and hes ten so they will probably break or get lost soon anyway. I personally bought a portable blue tooth speaker. I dont like things on my head and prefer to hear whats going on around me. It puts out way more then eniugh sound and I can take it anywhere. Its water proof to so I can take it in the boat or on the beach.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
thanks guys, i will run down all leads...

i'm not a fan of the in ear either...

noise cancelling not a concern, and actually trying to decide between open and closed back...

wired not out of the question either...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have had a pair of Bose QC15 for a few years now. Best headphones I've ever had. Spendy, but I've never wished I had the $$ instead. My one complaint is also a plus. They're warm. In the spring summer fall, they're warm when walking. Then again, they're warm when it's cold out.

If I could change one thing, I'd love to have wireless. Not because they'd work better, but because it would be more convenient to have no cords.

FWIW, in-ear buds don't work for me. I had an ear surgery about 6 years ago, and all buds fall out of my right ear.

I wasn't sure that I wanted/needed noise cancelling either, until I had it. Even if you're not listening to music, it's nice to be able to tune out the whine of a plane (or a neighbor on a plane). So, yes, I would buy noise-cancelling again.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've had a pair of Bose "on ear" noise cancelling headphones for around 10 year and just recently upgraded to the QC35 Wireless Noise Cancelling.....have nothing but good things to say about them.
The QC35 retail for $349 so above your price range....I used some airline miles and got them for free.
I was in a Bose outlet store in Albertville, MN and they had the noise cancelling version for $199 that regularly sold for $299 in Bose Stores....that might be something to check out for something in your price range.
In my opinion the noise cancelling option is a "must have".....it filters out back ground noise which is very annoying on a plane or even at a sporting event.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Beets or Beats?
Capture.JPG

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use jaybird x2 bluetooth for the last two years. I use them for cutting grass, snow blowing, fishing, MC riding. last on a charge is around 8 hours good sounding music you won't go wrong with them.

tigolbitties

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have Beats wireless Active in ear headphones now. Got a good deal on them and I really like them but I mainly use them for work. Plenty loud for me. I did a ton of research a year or so ago as I was thinking I wanted to go with some over ear headphones. I was ready to buy Sennheiser but I held off because I wasn't sure that I wanted over ear for work. If I do go with some over ear headphones, it will be Sennheiser.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Photive PH-BTE70 (only $36 on the amazon - $100-ish when the model first came out)

bought a pair on amazon - been really happy with them

I skate for a sweaty hour every day and they haven't missed a beat

missed a beat - ha ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

I too fly with noise cancelling Bose (old school - about 10 years old)

I would not want to fly without.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm the neighbor on the plane. I will small talk with.....in your personal space....after a couple $5 cocktails....then I'll use the restroom an excessive amount but request the window seat....just kidding, that's the last person I had to sit next to on a flight. I need some noise cancelling outfits. But I have some wireless ear buds that I like for the gym. I can throw the phone in the locker and get around almost the entire upstairs of the new YMCA. It doesn't reach the treadmills so I take that as a sign from the big guy upstairs telling me to not use them.

- - - Updated - - -

Beets or Beats?

dwight-feature-1.jpg

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
mag_ear_01jr_576.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It depends, do you have real man ears?

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
mag_ear_01jr_576.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

It depends, do you have real man ears?

Didn't get cauliflower ear too bad but I had headgear on most of the time. left ear doesn't like ear buds without the thingy that curls over your ear. Took an elbow during 30 second go's.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have wireless skull candy head phones.

I like them. That is all

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm the neighbor on the plane. I will small talk with.....in your personal space....after a couple $5 cocktails....then I'll use the restroom an excessive amount but request the window seat....just kidding, that's the last person I had to sit next to on a flight. I need some noise cancelling outfits. But I have some wireless ear buds that I like for the gym. I can throw the phone in the locker and get around almost the entire upstairs of the new YMCA. It doesn't reach the treadmills so I take that as a sign from the big guy upstairs telling me to not use them.

- - - Updated - - -

girls-in-kitchen-26.jpg

Next time you fly, hit me up and borrow my Bose. You won't be sorry. You're too anglo looking to feign Non-English Speaking Person.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Didn't get cauliflower ear too bad but I had headgear on most of the time. left ear doesn't like ear buds without the thingy that curls over your ear. Took an elbow during 30 second go's.

My right ear doesn't do ear buds unless they are real small. Most people don't notice it. Got mine through a headgear in college.

NDOUTDOORS

I have the wired bose noise cancelling and they are amazing. You can get them cheap. The bluetooth ones are amazing but 300. Im a Bose guy 100%

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
update - i ordered a set of senhieser hdr 175 wireless closed backs from amazon... they r their own version of wireless which work on old cordless home phone frequencies... plenty of db for my old ears also...

been using them for a week now, and am very happy... can get all through the garage and house with only a couple interruptions...

can also hook up to the tv - very nice for p breaks during races and football...

thanks again all...

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still liking them?

I have never had Senheisers, but bought a second pair of Bose last night, and they're great. QC35. Wireless, noise cancelling, rechargeable battery (20 hours). $350, but bought a pair "repackaged" (they'd been returned, but have full warranty, etc) for $245.

Tried a call on them this morning, and they're better than I'd expected. I could hear the call better than if they were in the room.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 78
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 71
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57