Paddle drinking 2017

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Less than 2 months till the trip begins. This will be my 13 year of going. It is one of my favorite weeks of the year. We will be leaving the 3rd and staying at the confluence until Sunday. Lots of beer will be drank everyone will have a hangover. We usually have about 10 people in our group and all but one has caught a fish. Maybe she will get lucky this year. I'm going to call it the red headed curse. Who is headed up?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hopefully this is the year I actually head up there

JUSTWINGNIT

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be up there the 4th probably. staying till sunday. would like to go the 3rd but for some reason my job doesn't give me enough vacation! should be a great time as usual!!

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not necessarily, more like I was waiting for someone to bust your balls for considering the comfortable route.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I went two times that I remember, I think?

Had a guy try to hideout in my motorhome to hide from the NDGF. Had to tell him a hard NO to that one. Whatever you do, follow the rules. The law keeps close tabs and writes tickets like Halloween candy. Got by without a ticket, but I followed the law from what I remember. I rolled and partially hooked a couple was as far as I got.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm never very far away. Nice clean cheap warm hotel rooms here in town DM haha.

Speaking of this I got to work this morning and noticed they started a special, good time to book in advance and hold them at that price$$$. Rumor has it guests get 10% off at the steakhouse across the street ��

IMG_2176.jpg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wive lets me drink beer in the garage...haha

Never tackled this form of beer drinking/fishing, might make it a destination when my youngest gets a few years older.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wive lets me drink beer in the garage...haha

Never tackled this form of beer drinking/fishing, might make it a destination when my youngest gets a few years older.

I caught my first when I was 10, and my second when I was 19. I bet it took under 20 casts to catch both. I've probably cast less than 20 times total since. I think it's one of those fish you have to catch at least once. For me after that I'm good but I also understand how people get hooked on it.I still keep gear around just in case. The meat market going on at the confluence last year was amazing!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Never been snagging, but caught this in the tailrace...

Paddler.jpg

One of three that day. Only one that actually got out of the water (very very briefly). All swam away.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only want one and then KDM is going to do the rostrum and we will drink busch lights whilst admiring it.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 80
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 69
  • This month: 67