maps

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
any one else a map geek i am really liking these for going out west and knowing what is happening.

http://www.hillmap.com/

that and google earth and caltopo i am learning more about how to over lay and get more out of it.

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
yup, absolutely love this. I use this for my job a lot as it makes it nice and simple to view landscapes utilizing many different attributes at the same time

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
check out how green the TM rez is compared to the surrounding area. btw... what's the difference between the map posted above and google maps or earth?

Last edited:

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Functions is all really just being able to do different things with overlays and what not. Like save KML. or kmz files and over laying them. I have the Idaho trail system over laid on Google Earth which is awesome

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
a ha. a ha. ok. ummm.... Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the... things?

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Those are some pretty neat sites. I will be making use of these. Thanks for sharing guysThumbs Up

krhuntin

Founding Member
Founding Member
KMZ is a file that one is able to make on a program and open up on google earth to navigate to a favorite hunting spot utilizing any device that you can have google earth on. For example, if i find an area that has been really good for hunting i will use arcgis program and draw (outline the area), then create that shapefile into that "KMZ" file so i am able to open it up on my phone or other device.
a ha. a ha. ok. ummm.... Can you repeat the part of the stuff where you said all about the... things?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76