Colin Kaepernick Sentenced to NFL Limbo

Zogman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mike Freemanhttp://twitter.com/@mikefreemanNFLNFL National Lead WriterMarch 17, 2017

It's more than a week into free agency and Colin Kaepernick is still unemployed. Remember, this is a quarterback who played in the Super Bowl only four years ago, yet now it appears he can't get a look from teams.

Some teams fear the backlash from fans after getting him. They think there might be protests or [President Donald] Trump will tweet about the team. I'd say that number is around 10 percent. Then there's another 10 percent that has a mix of those feelings.

The rest genuinely hate him and can't stand what he did [kneeling for the national anthem]. They want nothing to do with him. They won't move on. They think showing no interest is a form of punishment. I think some teams also want to use Kaepernick as a cautionary tale to stop other players in the future from doing what he did."

When I spoke to a handful of executives at the combine a few weeks ago, one even called him "an embarrassment to football."

For the moment, the interest in Kaepernick is slim, and that's putting it kindly.

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
time for typical re-branding campaign...

blame someone else for bad information - apologize - donate time to a charity - cry on oprah - get seen going to church...

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't kid yourself guys. If he was any good, he'd be playing. His career fell off a cliff long before the kneeling incident.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
He figured out that he was not going to get attention playing football so now he gets more attention not playing football and being a jack wagon. Win, Win, Loose for him.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last I checked. The NFL teams are a business, so long as he's not "blackballed" for being black, he's got no legal protection. Teams have every right to not employ a-holes.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't kid yourself guys. If he was any good, he'd be playing. His career fell off a cliff long before the kneeling incident.

This x a million.....as much as it ticks me off,if he still was playing well someone would've given him a contract already. Since his play is irrelevant all the teams get to pretend they aren't signing him because of his actions. Maybe some teams would hold off because of his protests, but if he was still playing up to par someone would have signed him for sure

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a Niners fan, I have been wishing he would no longer be on the team. As a player, I've always said he was a garbage QB. After this protesting, I now believe he is garbage as a person as well. I hope no team signs him. Maybe him and Johnny Manziel can be friends?

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if he got traded to some Canadian Pro Team if he would kneel for their anthem as well??;:;banghead He is a scum...Would be kinda fitting for some Canadian team to draft him or whatever...go north young man..and stay there.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 167
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76