Outdoor-TV Personalities Fined $31,000 in Elk-Poaching Case

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
[h=1]Outdoor-TV Personalities Fined $31,000 in Elk-Poaching Case[/h]BY JOE ALBERT MARCH 17, 2017

elkpoacher.jpg
File photo courtesy Dana Critchlow/Unsplash

A Wyoming bull elk, similar to ones poached by Ricky Mills and Jimmy Duncan.

Two Kentucky men pled no contest and face nearly $31,000 in fines after they killed two Wyoming elk on a national television show. According to the Wyoming Game and Fish Department, Ricky J. Mills, 37, and Jimmy G. Duncan, 25, both of Bedford, Ky., also lost their hunting privileges for 15 years and will be entered into the Wildlife Violators Compact, which will prevent them from hunting and trapping in more than 40 states.
Wyoming officials report that, while watching Mills and Duncan’s show “Hunting in the Sticks,” on the Pursuit Channel, a tipster noticed that the two men killed an elk in an area for which they weren’t licensed. A Game and Fish Department investigator looked into the incident, and both men eventually confessed.
“I believe the two defendants were driven to get kill-shot footage for the television show, and that resulted in their making bad decisions,” Mike Ehlebracht, investigative supervisor for the Wyoming Game and Fish, said via a department news release.

Through their investigation, Wyoming game wardens determined that in 2014 Duncan and Mills each killed an elk on private property in northern Converse County. The men had elk tags but for an area in extreme northwestern Wyoming. In the area where they illegally killed the elk—Hunt Area 113—few tags are available, and bull elk can be harvested only every other year, according to the department. Wardens found out that Duncan and Mills attempted to poach elk the same way in 2013, and that Duncan killed an antelope without a license that year as well.
According to the department, Duncan was sentenced to pay $7,500 in fines, $6,000 in restitution for the bull elk, $4,000 for the antelope, and $240 in court costs. Mills was sentenced to pay $7,460 in fines, $6,000 in restitution for the bull elk, and $240 in court costs. The department also confiscated the elk mounts.
In a statement, “Hunting in the Sticks” said it would pause operations as it considers how to move forward. “Hunting in the Sticks (HITS) regrets the activities engaged in by two of its team members,” the statement reads. “HITS wishes to assure everyone that the decisions made, and actions taken, by these two members do not reflect the position, belief or concurrence of our sponsors, endorsers or any other HITS team members.”

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The fine was a good start. I think those 2 fuckheads should have a 3 minute apology broadcast at the begining of every hunting or fishing show and it should be at their own expense.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
that would not help as only three people watch their shitty show and they are all cousins

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are only a couple hunting/fishing shows I will watch. Most of the shows are garbage pushing a product or something stupid. With the editing 10% of the show is true. Heard the grapevine a fishing show was ice fishing on Devils Lake, fishing was slow so they fished for 4 days to make one 20 minute show. They other personal issue I have is the pay for hunting/ leasing land a lot of these "sportsmen" that have shows are paid by sponsors/advertising then they use that money to lease up land. sorry rant over;:;rant
Never hear of these two idiots either hopefully all their sponsors pull the plug and their footage is never aired again.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The fine was a good start. I think those 2 fuckheads should have a 3 minute apology broadcast at the begining of every hunting or fishing show and it should be at their own expense.

that would not help as only three people watch their shitty show and they are all cousins

Kurt, what I meant was EVERY hunting and fishing show, not their show.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hunting and fishing shows r retarded. Only thing I can handle now is archery elk hunting shows.

My good buddy is a cameraman for a fishing host. The amount of staged catches is unreal. My buddy caught a big ass fish one day and they had to immediately stage it to show the host catching it. On the money making lure too of course

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
western hunting shows, jim shockey, meat eater and the profesionals are the ones i like

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
western hunting shows, jim shockey, meat eater and the profesionals are the ones i like

stuck n the rut - on youtube. they have some pretty good videos of mule deer and elk hunting and they seem like just normal dudes. I also enjoy solohunter

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
stuck n the rut - on youtube. they have some pretty good videos of mule deer and elk hunting and they seem like just normal dudes. I also enjoy solohunter

HUSHN is another good you tube one

- - - Updated - - -

nobody even mentioned Benny Spies

thats more comedy and less hunting but Ben is being him self that is a fact i do know

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Watching someone fish or hunt is to me like watching golf. F*cking boring.

Seems like watching someone drink beer, and telling great jokes that you can only hear every 4th word while sipping on a juice box.

cooter00

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only watch Benny spies he's cool as hell I could hang out with him and go hunting and fishing with him it would good time road hunting in a winnibago.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I only watch Benny spies he's cool as hell I could hang out with him and go hunting and fishing with him it would good time road hunting in a winnibago.

Dont want to burst your bubble but Ben never had to road hunt or hunt public land a day in his life.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74