Good day to die

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well today I had to put down my 13 year old Springer.������

In her prime she did pretty good, and she got to hunt during the years when there were thousands of birds within 5 miles from home.

Funny story, she hitch hiked to Bismarck. She would swim to shore and chase birds and take care of potty issues. One day I was trolling Winona Island, and she swam to shore with my other dog. He's a big baby and won't leave my sight, but not her. I got a snag, n head to backup when they got to shore, and she must have found a way up the big bank cause she was gone. I went looking for her calling n calling. I drove the boat up n down the side then went around it, still nothing. Then I got a call from my stepson, saying some guy had her. When I called him, he was all ready back to Beaver Bay. That's too far for my boat, so I met him in Bismarck. He said he picked her up in the middle of the river, guess she was going home lol.

RIP Numpa

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Always a tough day when that happens. Some of the memories that an animal can create are amazing.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for your loss, I'm amazed at how attached I am to my four legged kid.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have a cold one for her... My condolensces dude...

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
sorry to hear rowdie... sux all round... enjoy and appreciate all the memories...

good luck...

DonC

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to here about your buddy...It's never easy. Think Will Rogers said it best

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.”
Will Rogers

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had to put my good buddy down @ 6 years old due to mouth cancer:(. I had to run out of the vet to avoid exploding in an all out bawl in public. It took me 10 miles of driving to even slow down. I loved my dog and I understand completely. Time helps, but there will still be a few moments when it hits you again. Best wishes to you and your family.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I saw your post before when you knew it was coming. I still don't have any words. Had to put down my 3 yr old Vizsla a couple years ago. Was the toughest thing I had to ever do. My deepest and sincere condolences. Time helps but never covers it up.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Thanks guys, it was hard, but it was harder watching her suffer. She was calm for a Springer, and just an overall good girl. I still got the male, and he'll keep me company.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for the loss man. When the day comes where I open the door to the garage in the morning and my little buddy isn't right at the door with his tail wagging will be a tough day.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tough day Rowdie, She enjoyed her life with you more then you know. I'm sorry for your loss.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry for the loss. I have a lab the same age i am worried will be up there sooner than later with Numpa they can bs about the glory years of all the pheasants we had here a few years back.

Timbuk-2

Founding Member
Founding Member
Someone sent this to me when I had to put my Shorthair down.

Justthis side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that petgoes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run andplay together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm andcomfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor;those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as weremember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each misssomeone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looksinto the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenlyhe begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carryinghim faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, youcling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kissesrain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you lookonce more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life butnever absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Holy hell Man I'm sorry. I hope your memory and our support give you some relief.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn,I clicked on this thread and wish I would have,put down 6 retrievers in the last 40 years,its never easy and thes ethreads always bring back memories,sorry for your loss man...

PS~ Great story!

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sorry to hear about your loss; that springer will still be hunting in memory

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 135
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 107