Zeiss Conquest vs. Terra

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I purchased a Ziess Conquest MC 3x9-40 back 5 years ago or so. This was the cheapest model in the Conquest line and I even hear they were actually made by Meopta. Well the scope never really worked right on my .300 win mag and I never did get the gun sited in until I swamped scopes. The issue with the scope is it wouldn't track when I adjusted the turrets and the shot kept hitting in the same exact place.

I ended up finally sending it in to get fixed and never did hear back from Zeiss until a package showed up with a new Ziess Terra 3x9-40. There was no paperwork saying why my old scope wasn't fixable or why they send a new Terra instead. I have heard that these two scopes are not comparable in quality. Do I just accept this new scope and not fuss or do I ask why my slightly higher quality Conquest MC could be fixed or replace with as good quality of scope?

Founding Member
Founding Member
You need to get a new conquest pronto.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I emailed them and they said they do not have access to Conquest MC parts and that the Terra has the same quality of optics? Should I pull the bs card?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can pull what ever card you want you are shit out of luck. They are not going to do anymore than they have especially being there cheap scopes

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Starting to see a pattern here. Fleet Farm can't make you happy. Zeiss can't make you happy. It appears as though you might be the guy who tries to catch flies with a blowtorch rather than honey.

When I had an issue with a set of Zeiss Victory LRF binocs they were kind enough to Fed Ex another set and I had them in my paws the next day. No credit card, no charge for shipping, just a very nice, "How can we help?" coupled with impeccable follow-though.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I'm sure you wouldn't have been happy if they replaced your binos with a subpar model.

After some research they don't make any nonTerra scopes around $500 which is what mine cost. I'm going to make sure to not use this new one on a magnum rifle again.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 118
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69