New to the area

scubamedic5011

Hey y'all. I'm new to the area and have mostly done shore fishing back home in Florida. I'm on here to try to research tips and tricks for shore fishing up here. My 11 year old son is absolutely addicted to EVERYTHING fishing. He even buys toy bugs from the dollar stores and makes his own lures in his spare time. Anyone have any good/decent shore fishing spots or tips for the Williston area? Thanks in advance.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
Around Williston, Ive fished very little, but its hard to overlook the back waters along indian flat. some awesome pike fishing right from shore.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome! Im not a big help in the Williston are. Id imagine the confluence are would have sone decent shore fishing. Make a trip a lttle ways east and you have the tailrace which can be fun from shore.

scubamedic5011

Duckslayer 100, Vollmer, and Ericb thanks!
fish-r-man, thanks for the info. By Indian Flat, do you mean Indian Hill just south of Williston along Highway 85?

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Early spring a lindy tipped with a minnow should produce almost anywhere around Sakakwea.

fish-r-man

★★ Legendary Member
yup, theres a road that will take you farther to the east towards the gun range, decent pike and catfish back there. had one of my dogs fetching a stick, and he was followed in by a monster pike. excellent for ice fishing as well.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If you're just into keeping the kid busy, try Kettle Lake about 30 miles north. Lots of stunted perch but kids love em. Sather dam south of town usually has blue gills. Epping dam was drained last year for spillway work and has just refilled but no fish. Anywhere on Big Sak should at least put up some pike.

scubamedic5011

fj40, it's really a combination of the two: I really enjoy keeping him happy with his fishing, but my skills as an angler are severely limited. Lol. Thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The pump outlet on the Corps of Engineer headquarters there in Williston are great for a day of shore fishing. You can catch walleyes, catfish, northern pike, white bass, and a crap ton of rough fish. It's a pretty good place to have your kid tangle with a huge fish. There are time restrictions there so keep that in mind as they WILL lock you inside the parking area when they go home. Welcome to NDA.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bring him down to the confluence in may and see if he can tangle with a paddlefish.

fj40

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I forgot about Trenton Lake. Crappies from shore spring and fall.

ItemB

Founding Member
Founding Member
Welcome to NDA, not familiar with fishing around Williston, but hopefully you and your kid can get on some fish.

fictitious

Hey scubamedic what do you do there ? Im thinking of moving over there to work in the oil fields. What company is the best to work for ?

fictitious

what ever

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

you miserable prick . Remind me not to go to work for your company . Ohh wait your only 12 never mind.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
what ever

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

you miserable prick . Remind me not to go to work for your company . Ohh wait your only 12 never mind.
There's that lovely Sconi attitude everyone loves!!!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 111
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 69