Game of Thrones

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I am a GoT junkie. Anyone else?

Just watched episode 1 of this season (5). I can't wait for the next episodes.

The Mantis

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just watched the new episode tonight... I think it's going to be a good season. Definitely one of the more entertaining shows, I haven't read the books but sometimes the story line bothers me a bit..

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I just watched the new episode tonight... I think it's going to be a good season. Definitely one of the more entertaining shows, I haven't read the books but sometimes the story line bothers me a bit..

I am completely captivated. I rewatched all of the previous seasons with the wife, and it helps fill the holes in the story. It's just easy to miss stuff from watching once. might just be me tho

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I watched. It is our favorite show. Is this supposed to be the final season?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
no as far as I know there will be 7 this season and 5 i think for the final season I guess they are talking about maybe one or two spinoffs from GOT.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was hoping the last book would be out by now but the way it looks we may never see it. The program producers are just winging it now with permission and input from George Martin. If he does finish the book he may have to look back at the TV shows if he wants to have a consistent story line. At this rate he may die before the book is completed leaving the story unfinished like Robert Jordan and his Wheel Of Time series. At least Brandon Sanderson was able to finish that series for the publishers and do a great job of it by following Jordan's notes and outline. Those of you who enjoy this sort of genre should look up Jordan's and Sanderson's books, they are very good.

fly2cast

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm not smart enough to watch it. I watched about two seasons and couldn't understand what was going on. Too many names and plots. I lost interest.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
It can be very confusing sometimes. One of the biggest criticisms George Martin received over the years is that he started so many story lines that most people gave up trying to follow all of them and he couldn't get them all into each new book so people lost interest. I read all the books and rewatched many episodes before last nights new episode and I was still confused about the scene at the farmhouse when Dondarian asked Clegane if he knew the dead people in the bed. I just happened to catch the previews again in the encore show before turning off the TV and there was the scene from a previous episode where Clegane and Arya were at the farmhouse where they found the bodies and put them in the bed. I wonder how many other people forgot that. That's probably TMI for most people who aren't GoT addicts. Am I right Vollmer. :;:howdy

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am guessing that's what would happen to me.

This. Although, with Netflix just having been invented, I was finally able to watch every episode of The Office (which I mostly thoroughly enjoyed).

Also, just finished watching Sons of Anarchy. Mostly enjoyed that too, although towards the ends I was getting pretty jaded.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Breaking Bad had the maximum plots/characters for my brain - a brain which is below normal for names/plots.

Also known as social retardism.

- - - Updated - - -

It takes me three days to recover from meeting a new person. Ha ha.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
It wasnt too bad, but there was something missing, actually a few things, sets of things...

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am disappointed that they are gonna milk these last 12 or so episodes by splitting it into 2 seasons.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just started a few weeks ago so I avoided reading everything but the first post. Just in case. I'm on season 3. Decent show so far. Very enveloping, damn near a full time jod just to keep the names and places straight. I'm kinda liking how dish has so many in demand options now.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have read the books and when the show first started I just didn't like it. Sounds like it has gotten better but I don't think I'll partake, too many other good shows out there to watch one where I know the plot already and don't want the new shows to ruin the next book if it ever comes out.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife bought the DVD's of all the seasons. We watched the whole thing when she first got them and just got done watching them all a 2nd time last week. It was very good, but I didn't read the books so not sure how well they represented them. I quit subscribing to HBO years ago so never got into it.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
My wife bought the DVD's of all the seasons. We watched the whole thing when she first got them and just got done watching them all a 2nd time last week. It was very good, but I didn't read the books so not sure how well they represented them. I quit subscribing to HBO years ago so never got into it.

The books were so convoluted and had so many sub plots going that by the fifth book the author could only address half his characters in each new book. It finally got to the point that the TV show couldn't wait for his next book to base their episodes on so they started making up their own plots (with the authors permission and input). I think the last three or four years of the TV show didn't have a book story line to follow although the author claimed the show ended the way he had planned on ending the book. Of course the TV show had to skip over 75% of the sub plots and change some of the main story line but it still got the main characters and plot right.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 74