Best Fishing-Hunting Pranks

MicLee

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone knows of the depth finder trick when ice fishing ... classic!

what original pranks have you pulled while fishing or hunting? I need ammo!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
During an ice fishing outing it became very slow and my pard went out to paint some snow. I brought up his bait and took a wrinkled brat left over from lunch, hooked it about a third of the way from one end, and put it back down. His bobber was pulled under and I left it for him to find. He walks back into the shack and yells "Holy S*&T". He grabs the rod and set the hook. Due to the hook placement on the brat, it went kind of in a circle and he proclaimed that it felt like a good one. When his "Good One" broke the waters surface, I got a wet brat to the melon while gasping for air from not being able to breath due to laughter.

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the coffee can on a hook trick in the ice house. I learned this one when I was a kid although it wasn't a prank this time. Back in the legal sucker minnow days the ol' man accidentally dropped the coffee can we used to dip water down the hole. Well a few hours later the sucker must have swam into it and when he went to give the rattle reel a jig it caught the lip. He thought he had dandy on. Well that one has been copied a few times out on the ice since then. Even better when it's on a guy's jigging rod.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we were shore fishing as kids we used to hook a bobber to the line and set it next to the rod so when you had a bite it pulled the bobber down to the water.... Well my cousin and I used to kick my little brothers bobber down when he would turn his back, but he got the last laugh numerous times. He'd go running over grab the rod and set the hook and act like he was reeling in a fish and we would laugh like crazy but I'll be damned if he wouldn't catch a nice walleye when we did it several times.

FishReaper

Founding Member
Founding Member
sneaking a turkey load into your buddies shotgun while out dove hunting is good for a laugh

Crankn

Founding Member
Founding Member
When pulling cranks or bb. and it gets slow make a fairly sharp turn,grab the line of your partner and give it a sharp jerk or two.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 134
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 107
  • This month: 106
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 75