Huk rain gear

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking to buy a new rain coat and I see huk gear advertised all over the place. Any stores sell this stuff? Anybody have of any of they could tell me if it worth the $. Thanks

buckhunter24_7

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was going to buy a set as well I finally just settled with carhart rain gear. Would also like to hear of anyone that has it

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's worth the money. I have HUK bibs and Simms jacket. Both are awesome articles of clothing. I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again. Comfortable and fit incredibly well.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been happy with Cabela's guide wear. It is a little spendy as well, but has been with it for me. I do not have experience with the other brands being talked about, but the guide wear is far superior to the Scheels suit I previously had.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Next rain gear I get will be sitka dew point as it will serve the double duty and I will use light pack able rain gear more hunting out west

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
is it only mail order or does somebody sell it in nd, mn be nice to try it on first.

lostinnd

Founding Member
Founding Member
My US military surplus gear off of eBay works great, gen 3 goretex, jacket and pants are both under $100.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
My US military surplus gear off of eBay works great, gen 3 goretex, jacket and pants are both under $100.

that is what I have been wearing for the last 5 years and the pants suck big time, I have carhartt bibs but thought a breathable pair might be pretty slick

Tiller man

Founding Member
Founding Member
I broke down and bought a set of the Huk gear. Jacket and bibs. To be totally honest im glad I did! I love it! Dosent have a lot if insulation value but cuts the wind great. The only way your getting wet is if the water is running down your neck! Im look into a set of the all weather gear but dam spendy! I got the Kryptek

Journey

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got the jacket late last summer at scheels 1/2 price. Only wore it golfing and liked the movement in it.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I looked long and hard and ended up with some SIMMS gear for less than 1/2 price. Never tried HUK.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Simms rain gear, are the pieces with the Toray membrane as good as the Gortex would be? Looking at the Challenger suit. About $100 difference with the gortex

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought the challenger suit a couple months ago. It's awesome. Doesn't stop water that comes up from your feet though.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will admit I haven't spent much time looking into the latest (Sitka, Kuiu, Simms, Huk) breathable type rain wear in the last 5 years. My experience with all the gortex stuff is it works well in a light rain and for maybe 2 seasons. After that seam start to leak and any hard rain will get you wet. The pressure points were always an issue with the membranes as well, sit down on a wet boat seat or sit down on wet ground and you will get wet.

Is this still the case with this latest stuff? How many seasons do you expect to perform as it did when new?

Currently I wear the Helly Hansen Impertech II stuff and the same jacket and pants has met my needs for the past 10 years. A couple SE Alaska bear hunts, fishing, waterfowl hunting, and just general use in the rain. No membranes... but light, durable, and doesn't let water through.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
they're about as good as anything else just cost way more. I've used Cabela's rain gear for years. I picked it up in their clearance rack and it's been everything I could ask for.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
they're about as good as anything else just cost way more. I've used Cabela's rain gear for years. I picked it up in their clearance rack and it's been everything I could ask for.
I've had cheap stuff and now I've had more expensive stuff. The more expensive stuff not only fits better, but it stays waterproof for much longer. Unless you've had both, your opinion is null and void.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 135
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 75