Living Room Gun Range

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just got the stink eye across the table as I listen to this. This morning is going to be fun.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It'd be fun and games until SWAT showed up.

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We used to shoot wax and plastic bullets in the house when I was a kid. We would drill out the flash hole a little in pistol brass, then melt candle wax or crayons about 1/4 to 3/8" deep on a cookie sheet. You take the brass and push it down on the wax until it's all the way down then prime it. All you need then is a cardboard box with a scrap of carpet on the open end. Then you just shoot away, we killed a lot of rainy and snowy afternoons doing that as a kid.

Or if there was no adult supervision we would have shootouts in the house, barn, yard, etc.

Speer came out with plastic bullets and cases. If you have never done it you should. :;:smokin

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Tried the plastic bullets when they came out in a 44 mag wheel gun. Was cleaning it when son in law showed up, needless to say my evil mind went on a crap shoot and to make a long story short he craped himself.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shot the snot outta lots of cardboard boxes with the plastic Speers. Then I baited some blackbirds into the garage with cat food one day and shot them in the garage after closing the doors so they couldn't escape. Mom thought that was probably enough in-house shooting for a while. Dad shook his head with a wry little smile.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I about pooped when he pulled out the 300 win mag. I can't believe he was even considering a 50 BMG.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
And an old chest type deep freeze with an extra layer of Styrofoam.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm guessing he was joking about the .50 BMG. Just the muzzle blast would blow out the windows.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can tell you firsthand women don't like the smell of gunpowder filling the house after you empty a 20 rounder through the AR in the dining room...She was sweeping up brass for a week.

deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can tell you firsthand women don't like the smell of gunpowder filling the house after you empty a 20 rounder through the AR in the dining room...She made me sweep up brass for a week.

Fixed it for ya!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I can tell you firsthand women don't like the smell of gunpowder filling the house after you empty a 20 rounder through the AR in the dining room...She was sweeping up brass for a week.

It took a week to find 20 pieces of brass?

gonefshn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Friend of mine's dad made a metal box with an angle down and sand in the bottom for their fireplace. From grade school thru high school if we were over there we'd often go thru a brick or more each of 22 shells shooting into the fireplace. The living room carpet would be covered with 22 empties. Probably explains why is dad went thru quite a few wives over the years.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
My Dad made us boys a target for our basement. He lined a good heavy cardboard box with carpet pieces and Duct taped it up. Drew us a target and let us have at it with our BB guns. We even discovered that when we ran out of BB's, we opened the box and recovered as many as possible. :cool: My Mom was all for us shooting in the basement as long as we weren't bothering her and making a mess somewhere else. Ha Ha Ha.

Fish On!

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a BB trap too, that I used in our unfinished basement. My dad was fine with us putting it in front of the pool table. Years later, when he re-finished the pool table, there were a LOT of bb's and pellets (and even one field point from an arrow) in that pool table. I was kinda sheepish when he said "what the hell?!".

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 159
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 120
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76