Best boat shoes

JIGN4IZ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking for a good pair of shoes for the boat that have a soft sole and are waterproof. What do you guys recommend?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anything Goretex that fits you well for the cooler times. A waterproof shoe will be too hot for the dead of summer.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
th

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
flip flops are my shoes in the heat of summer.
My boat floor is very light colored allowing me to be bare foot if needed too. My buddy has a darker floor in his boat, holy shit does that get hot.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
For me it is either flip flops or Teva's. The Tevas are basically a water shoe in the style of a tennis shoe. Very comfortable, breathable and if they get wet, I take them off too dry and they dry quick. Columbia makes some similar shoes to this style.

JCNodak

Honored Member
I just got some OluKai slip on shoes. The back is designed to fold down so you can wear them like crocks. Very ventilated. So far so good.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
[h=1]I was going to start a thread like this earlier but didn't want to get crap about bat vests and skegs so I didn't.

This is the shoe for fishing IMO. I bought some just for fishing a few years ago. When I went blue tuna fishing I looked down and what was the Captain wearing? Yep - same shoe.

Sperry Top-Sider Men's Harbormaster Oxford
[/h]
[h=1]
41aEGLTI2AL.jpg
[/h]The insole insert has no actual terry or fabric - just a waffly texture - so no stink - nothing for stink to grow on. Feels odd at first - after a while you dig the feeling.

Also - breathes like a SOB - and there are literally drain holes in the soles to release excess water if you really swamp them. This is a warm weather shoe however - splashes go right in - they are meant to get wet but air dry ASAP. If it's cold and wet I'm wearing my white shrimping boots,

Notice the "rock climbing" type edges - nothing to catch/hook/grab. Anybody who has pitched with me in my boat knows I'm jumping from side to side and up/down like a monkey cuz that's what I like to do. No snags/trips/stumbles wearing these.

Purchased from Amazon with free returns to find your size. I bought two pair in case they quit making them.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you wear anything made by Sperry, how many popped collars must one have? Or better yet, how many cardigans should one have folded over his shoulders, with the wrists turned together?

Kidding aside, they have been making boating shoes for many years - I may have to look into those.

I often go barefoot. My hooves are pretty tough. I can step on a hook and the hook bends.

(having said that, I'll post pictures from the ER)

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wish they made sparkly crocs to match sparkly boats. :boating::boating::boating:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 119
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 108
  • This month: 96
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 73
  • This month: 70