This kid is THE MAN!!! Almost catched the ND state record bass on video!

Founding Member
Founding Member
:;:howdy

Last edited:

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice!! Good work on the catch...and release. Not many would have released that fish, not sure i even would have. I have a 6.5 lbs from about 10 years ago out there, the only bass I've ever kept from Nelson.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Very nice fish I would of had a hard time releasing her. His rod is sweet looking also.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
a still pic at the end with the Ahab pose would have been nice

lazyMlazyK

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice fish, but torques me off that these kids are frequently fishing in the "RESTRICTED ACCES" area of the discharge canal. pause the video at 2:30, you can see the sign. Sure, you're probably going to find a higher number of sizable fish there, but rules are rules. I can understand fishing right at the end of the canal, but when there's basically a "no trespassing" sign, that's how I see it. Kids are old enough to read. Maybe we'll see them in the fall hunting ducks and geese on the river upstream from Washburn. Rant over

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
Nice fish, but torques me off that these kids are frequently fishing in the "RESTRICTED ACCES" area of the discharge canal. pause the video at 2:30, you can see the sign. Sure, you're probably going to find a higher number of sizable fish there, but rules are rules. I can understand fishing right at the end of the canal, but when there's basically a "no trespassing" sign, that's how I see it. Kids are old enough to read. Maybe we'll see them in the fall hunting ducks and geese on the river upstream from Washburn. Rant over

Great point. So I wonder, if that fish would have been say 9lbs, but they caught it in the restricted portion of the canal, would it still count as a state record?

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah not the brightest posting that part of the video. For those who don't fish there thats a big deal to the plant and they patrol it often and bust allot of guys. Definitely a stud bass and must be and good spring for them since he's not the first I've seen of big bellied bass coming in out of there.

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just saw it and thought it was a cool video, had no idea about all the other stuff..

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me either. But I think I seen it on YouTube. Definitely a bruiser. The trespassing part bothers me a little as the power plant could cut that lake off to the public all together if they wanted and I heard from a an old timer that worked for the G&F that it would be no skin off there teeth to do so. The public really is a big hassle to the plant. Litter and garbage thrown in the water from the public clogs up the intake screens, people constantly fishing where they are not supposed to. I fish up there quite often and am amazed at the number of people that ignore that "no trespassing" sign. Even when plant personnel pulls up in there van. Pisses me right off.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish I could see the video. They get pretty tore up about fishing above that no trespassing sign nowadays

Last edited:

Radar13

Founding Member
Founding Member
The best part about this video is that they are not at home playing video games.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Me either. But I think I seen it on YouTube. Definitely a bruiser. The trespassing part bothers me a little as the power plant could cut that lake off to the public all together if they wanted and I heard from a an old timer that worked for the G&F that it would be no skin off there teeth to do so. The public really is a big hassle to the plant. Litter and garbage thrown in the water from the public clogs up the intake screens, people constantly fishing where they are not supposed to. I fish up there quite often and am amazed at the number of people that ignore that "no trespassing" sign. Even when plant personnel pulls up in there van. Pisses me right off.
They tried to shut the hunting down once and the game and fish went after them hard and got a fair bit of it reopened. The big thing on that was some dip shits shooting the transformers at the substation on the northeast end of the dam with a riffle. That's why she has such cockeyed rules now and is the only lake where open water hunting isn't allowed. Be pretty hard to shut down the fishing due to how riled up people would get not to mention guys with small boats could just dock into the creek just upstream of the lake and just motor down the last half mile.

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yep, rules are no good without enforcement nowadays. Love seeing these kids out enjoying fishing on their own. You can tell that kid really enjoys fishing. Will be a die harder for life no doubt. Good job to you, young man!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 77
  • This month: 76
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 66
  • This month: 57