Stanley cup playoffs

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
The last few years i have really gotten into hockey especially during the stanley cup. I now have a vested interest in the wild so lets go boys time to make a run this year.

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
in my best Jacq Lemaire - in order to win you gotta put the puck in the net, guys

Last edited:

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
Need to get by Chicago and the Wild have struggled to do that in the playoffs. Hopefully this year..

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
in my best Jacq Lemaire - put the puck in the net, guys

haha come on guys we need to skate faster guys and shoot the puck in the net guys.... It is much better with the canadian accent

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best time of year!

Chicago-Blackhawks-logo-1965-to-present.gif

- - - Updated - - -

I love watching the Wild go down in flames to the Blackhawks. Makes my year.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
not worried about the black hawks the wild just need to get by the blues who have been hot since Yeo has taken over as coach. As long as Pat Kane dont go all rapey on any chicks they should be tough

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
With Pittsburgh having too many injuries to overcome imo, there should be an open door for a lot of teams. I'm expecting Columbus to make a deep run. I don't think they'll win it though. I'd say the Blackhawks are the team to beat as long as their vets can pull their youth along for the ride. I thought Minnesota was a legit contender until about a month ago. I may be overlooking the caps too because of their recent history.

What ever happens, it will be entertaining watching teams try to win the most difficult championship in sports. There is nothing like playoff hockey!

First round I'm going with:
Rangers over Montreal
Ottawa over Boston
Columbus over Pittsburgh
Minnesota over St. Louis
San Jose over Edmonton
Washington over Toronto
Chicago over Nashville
Anaheim over Calgary

I wouldn't be suprised one bit if I get them all wrong.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
With Pittsburgh having too many injuries to overcome imo, there should be an open door for a lot of teams. I'm expecting Columbus to make a deep run. I don't think they'll win it though. I'd say the Blackhawks are the team to beat as long as their vets can pull their youth along for the ride. I thought Minnesota was a legit contender until about a month ago. I may be overlooking the caps too because of their recent history.

What ever happens, it will be entertaining watching teams try to win the most difficult championship in sports. There is nothing like playoff hockey!

First round I'm going with:
Rangers over Montreal
Ottawa over Boston
Columbus over Pittsburgh
Minnesota over St. Louis
San Jose over Edmonton
Washington over Toronto
Chicago over Nashville
Anaheim over Calgary

I wouldn't be suprised one bit if I get them all wrong.

I think those look good....except for Minnesota and St. Louis...Shattinkirk changed that team for some reason.

To me the sleeper teams are Ottawa, Calgary and if Edmonton is on their game include them. So much parity in teams this year and it will make for a great chase for The Cup!!

- - - Updated - - -

not worried about the black hawks the wild just need to get by the blues who have been hot since Yeo has taken over as coach. As long as Pat Kane dont go all rapey on any chicks they should be tough

I for heaven' sake. That was the biggest crock of $hit! That chick and her mom admitted it was all made up. Leave ol' Showtime alone!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a born and raised Ohioan, I am rooting for the Columbus Blue Jackets. However, as a resident of the great state of ND I am pulling for the wild also. Hopefully the wild can pull past the Blues, I doubt it though.

True ND fans do not root for the shit'in Wild. Any other team else is acceptable. Same rules applies for the Twins and Vikings.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think those look good....except for Minnesota and St. Louis...Shattinkirk changed that team for some reason.

To me the sleeper teams are Ottawa, Calgary and if Edmonton is on their game include them. So much parity in teams this year and it will make for a great chase for The Cup!!

- - - Updated - - -

I for heaven' sake. That was the biggest crock of $hit! That chick and her mom admitted it was all made up. Leave ol' Showtime alone!

I know right there is no way that guy likes chicks.

Lapper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Playoff hockey is the best. That being said, any team gets a hot goalie can go deep in the playoffs, that's what makes it not quite as enjoyable as other sports for me. I do love the Wild though and hope Dubnyk can be that hot goalie!

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
It should never take more than 4 weeks to crown a champion. Though flawed, the NCAA, MLB, and NFL have the right idea. No reason the first and second round cannot be done in 5 game or less series, and it is ridiculous that over half the teams make the playoffs.

and that will be my only 'why are they playing hockey in the middle of summer' annual rant.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
'why are they playing hockey in the middle of summer' annual rant.

1st day of Summer doesn't happen until June 21. Stanley Cup will be over by then. They don't play in early summer, let alone "Mid-summer".

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I love hockey and especially playoff hockey. The Stanley cup is a marathon that puts a teams physical and mental toughness to the test.

Ragnar

Founding Member
Founding Member
Blackhawks over the preds
wild over the blues
edmonton over the sharks
Ducks over the Flames
Montreal beats the Rangers
Ottawa over Boston
pittsburgh gets healthy enough to beat Columbus
washington destroys Toronto

The big series in the west will be the Wild vs. Blackhawks. Blackhawks win in 7 and face Washington for the cup.
Go HAWKS!

H82bogey

Founding Member
Founding Member
As a Red Wings fan, I don't know what to do this year. First time since I was 8 years old that they aren't in the playoffs. It's still the best playoff in any sport and IMO the hardest championship to win.

As long as Minnesota or San Jose doesn't win it, I'm OK with the results this year.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 169
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 77