NWT Tourney

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
To bad the NWT isn't near the show the PWT was. I remember going to PWT there were vendors everywhere all the pro's were tossing out hats shirts baits when they trailered by....now its just a guy who yells a lot.

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Signed up for Garrison. Now I just need my boat to arrive. 11 days on Sak should be fun in May....

Weights on Erie right now not what you would expect. High winds over the weekend turned the lake muddy. Heard some guys put on well over 100 miles just trying to find the right color water with fish also present in the area.

Tillerman2095

Founding Member
Founding Member
If the Temps hold here in North Dakota the NWT tournament might be really good. It was tough to see them schedule it so early; but with warming temps and with a rise in the lake we'll see. I believe @ least 90% of the lake is open.

There were a lot great fisherman that are good @ fishing the Great Lakes that had zeros on the board yesterday. It'll be fun to see how it unfolds today.

I wouldn't have a clue on how to fish the Great Lakes; but it would be fun to try some day.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
look for the mud lines find the schools and troll reef runners at about 1.2 ish mph and catch 8 pounders is my experience on erie

LiebelsGuide

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't signed up for the NWT yet, but I am planning on fishing it. I'm hoping for a warm April and May. The no boundaries part might be the most difficult thing, anywhere is in play. That will make for tough prefishing(tough to cover everything) and tournament decisions if the weather sucks.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I thought about fishing it, but can't get away from work. Definitely taking in the festivities and hoping to BS with some great fisherman!

Huskerdu

Established Member
I will be prefishing with one of the pros, I believe the timing of the tourney will be good for PR.
correct me if I am wrong, isn't Sak. Known to be better latter in the summer?

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
I thought about fishing it, but can't get away from work. Definitely taking in the festivities and hoping to BS with some great fisherman!

I wanted to fish it as a co-angler, but there will be just too many wanna be pros fishing this tournament. Don't want to get stuck with any of them.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the difference between a want to be pro and a pro. Is it bigger letters with your name on the motor?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's the difference between a want to be pro and a pro. Is it bigger letters with your name on the motor?

crap - I need my name on the big white johnson now that Skegosaurus signed me up

thanks for reminder kurtr!

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't signed up for the NWT yet, but I am planning on fishing it. I'm hoping for a warm April and May. The no boundaries part might be the most difficult thing, anywhere is in play. That will make for tough prefishing(tough to cover everything) and tournament decisions when the weather sucks.

fixed it : )

AaronJ

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like alot of locals planning on fishing it. "Wanna be pros" I guess; but I would consider many of them really good sticks on most any body of water. Personally, I am putting my name on my motor in sparkly puff paint from a craft store and have bought every sticker from every tackle vendor I possibly could have to stand out in the crowd.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd rather fish with a local who knows Sak than a lot of the 'pros' I've seen. But I don't know Sak, so if I were to be on the amateur side of an event on Oahe, a lake I know well, then I'd hope for a guy who would take advantage of my 40 years of fishing it.

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
Just wanted to stir up the Pot! I guess it worked.

:;:stirthepot

I hope some of the local boys win it! Good luck to everyone fishing it.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Perfect for practice. FB_IMG_1493515037707.jpg. Stormy

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 103
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81