Good Video for Towing Season

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
For those that have never gotten to $hit their pants in real life while pulling an improperly or overloaded loaded trailer, this is an excellent demonstration of weight distribution dynamics.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its easy to see in that demo and have seen it before, but any tips to translate this into real life?

How does one find the ideal weight balance between the tongue, trailer axle, behind trailer axle, etc..?

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I pull the camper long distance I like to put all the weight on top of and in front of the axles. My water tanks are always filled they are centered over the axles. I don't usually get to much sway unless I have a strong side wind.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen a half ton pickup do this once with a big bumper hitch camper he was towing. Ended up finally in the ditch without hitting anyone but the guy could hardly talk or walk when he got out of his pickup. Going to be more of this with people pulling big trailers with these little light half tons.
Yep you can pull them 70-80 MPH until either you have to stop or something goes south quickly. Then hang on to your azz as shit is going to hit the fan. Too many people out there are pulling way too fast and don't realize what can happen or how fast it can happen.

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was one of those guys that used a half ton to pull a fifth wheel. It can be done just don't try and set any speed records. Now I have a 2500 diesel and won't go back. Sold the fifth wheel but won't give up the pickup. Twice the machine of a half ton.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
40d5410fd7d8c8ee4d81997f27e2e48c.jpg. The old tree qtr vs half ton bash thread. These are not your daddy's truck anymore. 98% driver error

- - - Updated - - -

That % includes conditions, loading improperly....
. Or just not knowing how to drive

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 113
  • This month: 104
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 83
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 73