Browning Hells Canyon LRH

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any of you gents shot one of these bad boys yet? I just ordered a Browning Hells Canyon Long Range Hunter in 6.5 Creedmoor and am looking for some feedback on it. I've read some reviews on it and it all looks promising. One guy reviewing it said with a certain match grade ammo he was averaging around .54" 5 shot groups at 100 yards. I think with hunting ammo he wrote that he was around .7" groups at 100 yards. All Factory Loaded ammo as well.

This will be my first browning rifle, so any info/advice you have on it would be greatly appreciated!

P.s. I will be topping it with the vortex viper PST 6-24 x 50 that I currently have on my 22-250.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My neighbor and I were just talking about this rifle. Scheels in Fargo has the 6.5 CM LRH with Mcmillan stock. If I had the time/$ right now, I'd be considering one. That rifle checks a lot of boxes.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: You're going to need a better scope, like maybe a Leupold VX-6 3-18x44 or a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56. If only someone here had either one of those scopes for sale...

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
A better scope? Damned things $750... and it does pretty well on my 250... and my 7mag... I've shot out to 650 yards with it on my 7 mag and I think it does damn well! :)

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
A better scope? Damned things $750... and it does pretty well on my 250... and my 7mag... I've shot out to 650 yards with it on my 7 mag and I think it does damn well! :)

Must be a fluke. You need a better scope ;)

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well shit... guess I'll just have to test with my shitty scope and document my findings :) If they meet the Nodak quality standards maybe I'll post some pics :)

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was looking at one of the salvages that looks just like that Tikka. While I love the look and the higher capacity magazine, It's just too damned heavy to be lugging around the prairie or up into the mountains. My brother has a 110 BA in 338 lapua and carrying that thing with a burris eliminator 3 on top of it feels like you've damn near got a toddler strapped to your back...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was looking at one of the salvages that looks just like that Tikka. While I love the look and the higher capacity magazine, It's just too damned heavy to be lugging around the prairie or up into the mountains. My brother has a 110 BA in 338 lapua and carrying that thing with a burris eliminator 3 on top of it feels like you've damn near got a toddler strapped to your back...

My rifle is 12 and it ain't bad I went another route and lost 20 pounds off my fast ass got rid of the eberlestock so I lost another 5 pounds and got a Kifaru. It's like when I snowmobiled out west people will spend thousands to loose a few ounces but won't put the time in to loose the free wieght off their belly.

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at the specs and it is 7 pounds 7oz so you will be pushing 9 pounds all up. I think I would be looking at Kimber or putting a riffle together as that wieght is nothing special

- - - Updated - - -

Mountain ascent is cheaper and weighs 4 pounds and change

- - - Updated - - -

And everyone knows I am a vortex fan boy but the pst is not what I would put on a lw rifle it is heavy. Maybe the razor lh would be a better fit

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
I would love to be able to put a razor on, But mama wasn't real thrilled when she saw the price on the gun i bought... Mainly because she's been begging for a new kitchen for the last 2 years..... #Priorities

I already have the PST, maybe some day i'll be able to afford one of those razors lol...

Deerhntr71

Founding Member
Founding Member
Been trying to decided between 6.5 Creedmore and 28 Nosler in the Browning Long range. Don't know which way to go.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
What do you want out of it. Those are two very different calibers

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 110
  • This month: 101
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 82
  • This month: 81