Reeds Rice Creek Gun Fair

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I made a trip over to MN for the Rice Creek gun fair that Reeds puts on this past weekend. My dad was in the market for a lightweight 20ga semi-auto, so he came along too. I don't know a ton about guns and prices, but I would say it would be very hard to beat going to a big show like this. There were a lot of companies there all with their own tent on the firing line, a guy could spend literally all day there shooting any gun you wanted. Pistols, shotguns, rifles, ARs, just about anything, for free. Even had some full autos and a gatling gun if you wanted to pay to shoot.
They had a ton of guns for 25% off plus deals on all others. Had quite a few "demo" guns as well. We were there on Saturday, and there were a ton of people. I would love to hear the number of people and the number of guns they sold over the weekend. I would have to imagine they sold in the thousands of guns. Good deals on camo, ammo, and other things as well.

I ended up buying a Beretta A300 Outlander (wood) for 600$ and a Stevens (Savage) 555 O/U 12ga for 370$.
I knew I was going to buy the Beretta going into it, and then I found the O/U in the demo section, and couldn't pass it up. The guy said it was on a rack at a Pheasants Forever event and the rack tipped over and put a few scratches in the stock. Brand new, never been shot, and he had to point out the scratches, I am not sure I would've noticed otherwise. No sales tax, so I feel like I now have 2 really solid guns for under 1000$. Can't wait to smash some clays this summer and get them out in the field this fall.
My dad bought a Weatherby SA-08 upland in 20ga for 570$ and got a free case and hat. Seems like a nice lightweight gun for the price.

It was fun enough and deals are good enough, makes me want to turn it into an annual trip. Did anybody else make a trip over?

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Lung,
Sounds interesting. Whereabouts was this gathering? Was there an online ad somewhere that a guy could look at beforehand?

Fish On!

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
It was at the Rice Creek gun club, about 5 miles East of Little Falls, MN. Kind of in between Little Falls and Brainerd.
Not sure if it was advertised much, but Reeds had it on their website for a few months beforehand. They had a "flyer" that had a list of guns that were 25% off plus other deals.
https://www.reedssports.com/info/rice-creek-gun-fair

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shelly and Joe own Rice Creek and are great people! I got my best bud, Merc (Gordon Setter) from them. They also breed shorthairs.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 160
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 109
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 86
  • This month: 80