Any Recommendations for a Fifth Wheel Back-Up Camera?

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
New to towing a boat behind a fifth wheel and thinking that a camera would be essential for hooking the boat trailer to the rear of the fifth wheel, keeping and eye on the boat while travelling, and possibly aiding in changing lanes. Any recommendation. Keep in mind, I don't want to break the bank. Thanks.

ShootnBlanks

Founding Member
Founding Member
I dunno if it's a great recommendation, but I have a Peak unit from Fleet farm. I get some static sometimes. Running it behind a 30ft but I'm told antenna extension fixes that. I like that im able to watch the boat and stuff behind me for sure. Wouldn't go without it.

ToddErickson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use my vexilar fish phone set to look out the back window. Not perfect but free and I can see the boat well.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
When we ordered our 2015 Keystone Raptor toyhauler, Keystone had as one of the options a remote camera on the rear. It is wired to the camper and the 12 volt switch must be on for the camper and the rest is wireless. Works great and picture comes through our Garmin. Guessing the whole thing is Garmin? Has darn good range too as had the Garmin in another pickup charging the unit and went in to get it and on the screen was a shot of the street from the rear of the camera. Didn't think that it would carry a signal that far away.
We like it for seeing traffic behind us especially on 2 lane roads as when traffic stacks up we slow down and pull over so they can pass. Nice for backing up too.
When you meet a car going in the opposite direction when they go by the back of the camper it looks like they are doing 200 MPH.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a fifth last year that came with a wireless camera. Havnt had any signal issues. Can't remember the brand but I can dig it out. Being able to see the boat back there and the other lane gives me piece of mind. It's also nice when backing up and parking.

Norske

Founding Member
Founding Member
Web search and telephone Tadibrothers. I have one of their cameras on my TC. I don't know if they recommend their products for a 30' fiver.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 166
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79
  • This month: 76